Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2014 8:01:19 PM EDT
Yes, The mag safety has been removed.  It looks like the mags are rubbing on the mainspring?  Any thoughts on this? Solutions?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
bend the mainspring slightly forward at the base just above the frame tab, it won't take much
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
bend the mainspring slightly forward at the base just above the frame tab, it won't take much
View Quote

Forward towards the muzzle?
Link Posted: 11/11/2014 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
correct, won't take much
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Also might try removing the grips, if you haven't checked this yet. My FEG had Pachmayrs on it when delivered; even without the safety, I had to pull mags out by hand.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem with my Detective after removing the mag safety, just had to bend the mainspring a little bit.

Did it work?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Also might try removing the grips, if you haven't checked this yet. My FEG had Pachmayrs on it when delivered; even without the safety, I had to pull mags out by hand.
View Quote

Same here, I had to trim a little off the grip screws to get the mag to drop free. The Pachmayrs allow the grip screw to go in a little deeper that the Browning grips do.

V
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Uhmmm, you are aware the grip screws on a BHP do not extend into the magazine well?
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Uhmmm, you are aware the grip screws on a BHP do not extend into the magazine well?
View Quote

True but them going in a little deeper has an affect on the magazine fit. My magazine fit eased up to normal when I ground a little off the screws. Must be because they bottomed out which kinda torqued the mag well a little.

V
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

With mine, it was the rubber around the screw "bosses" on the Pachmayrs that I finally determined was pinching the mag. I tried trimming them, but just couldn't get it right.

Didn't like 'em anyway, so no loss. Since Spegels were hen's teeth at the time, Kingwood Hogues FTW!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top