Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2014 10:13:29 PM EDT
I recently switched gun cleaners recently, although it didn't hurt any other guns, it took the finish off of my Detective like it was acid.  I dropped it off at an area gunsmith who specializes in cerakoting and I look forward to the result.  I have always wanted a two tone Practical Hi Power, so that will be the new color scheme for the Detective.  When I get it back in 1.5 weeks, I will post pictures.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
please do share since I am interested as well
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:46:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Just curious, what kind of cleaner was it?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just curious, what kind of cleaner was it?
View Quote

Something I bought at Academy.  Gunslick or Gunswift, something like that.  It comes in a 16 oz light blue can.  They call it a "degreaser/cleaner/lubricant".  They didn't have CLP, so I thought I would try something different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top