Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2014 12:44:33 PM EDT
I found this interesting H-P clone in nice shape this morning in my travels.

Model 80 SA (single action) made by FEG in Hungary and finished/stamped by Mauser-Werke. It was made for four years in the 90s. This one is dated '91 on the barrel. They also made a M90 DA (double action) for Mauser during that time.

I figure the proof on the TG web and the same one on the barrel is a German firing proof of some sort.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
beautiful pistol.   The proof on the web is a Hungarian Definitive Nitro Proof applied by FEG.

http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Foreign/Hungarian-Weapons-Law.htm

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks just like my 2 Cole's FEGs.  I am sure you will love it.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice find. These Mauser-branded FEG's are great guns, and are going up in price, to boot.

Here's mine around 2010 when I first started carrying it....replaced the factory wooden grips with Uncle Mike's rubber grips (which were nice).

But then I picked up a set of Spegel grips (which are nicer than Uncle Mike's)...

...and sent it to Novak's for sights (which made a huge difference and are well worth it)...

...and put a few years' worth of daily holster wear on it.

I may send it off and get it reblued some day, but I also kind of dig the honest wear from carry.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I updated the pics in the OP.

I also removed the poly finish from the stocks and put four coats of BLO on them. I much prefer the look/feel of oil finished stocks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice! Much better than the poly...I wish I would have thought of that before selling the originals I had.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice! Much better than the poly...I wish I would have thought of that before selling the originals I had.
View Quote

LOL....You may have saved yourself a lot of work.

The poly on the stocks was no joke. Acetone would not even touch it. I had to use Citri-Strip and it took several hours wrapped in plastic for it to cut it to where I could scrub it off with a stiff plastic brush.

Dense wood too, I had to heat the stocks a bit with a blow-drier to get the BLO to absorb. Friction heat from just rubbing the BLO in would not do.

The effort seemed worth it as there was some decent figure to the stocks.

I've another set of FEG stocks and they are almost red....Ugly-assed things.

I thought that some day I might sand the checkering down on them and make a set of smooth "slim" stocks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I found this interesting H-P clone in nice shape this morning in my travels.

Model 80 SA (single action) made by FEG in Hungary and finished/stamped by Mauser-Werke.
View Quote

You will also see FEG manufactured guns stamped Lugar as well.  Lugar Parabellum, if I recall correctly [and I may not, haven't seen very many of them].

Very nice job on the stocks, by the way.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:54:25 PM EDT
[#8]
You do...well mostly . FEG did brand their BHP "clones"...and some NOT clones too, in several ways; FEG...numerous and various slide legends, Parabellum...at least 2 slide legends, Luger...at least 2 slide legends, FN (counterfeit) and Mauser-Werke...to say nothing of the Kareen and CD pistols made from FEG parts . Interestingly, all the various FEG P9/P9M BHP "clones"...even the FN marked counterfeits , used the same SN format; an upper case letter such as "B", "C", "L", followed by a space, followed by a 5 digit number. That is, except the Mauser-Werke
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top