Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2014 10:42:12 PM EDT
I have one with the tiny, impossible to use safety. Anyone know where I can find comparison pictures showing the Browning extended vs a Cylinder and Slide extended safety?

I really don't want to drop $50 on a better safety (C&S), seeing how I only have $350 into the gun so any other lower cost options would be great.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I have BHP's with the tiny OE, the MKIII ambi, and C&S strong side. IMHO, the MKIII and the C&S parts are both good. If you can find an extended factory unit, I wouldn't hesitate to go that route. Be aware that swapping BHP safeties can be trick. Please make sure you have enough sear engagement.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#2]
While I don't mind pinching penny's, I took my tiny nub safety and make mine own for my alloy'd bhp.  One day real sights will be added.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice safety!  And stippling job.  Did you stipple it yourself?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice safety!  And stippling job.  Did you stipple it yourself?
View Quote

Yeah I stippled it, it was the probably the 4th or 5th pistol I have done and since it's an alloy it was for the most part a whole lot easier than the steel frames I've worked over.  I will attest that the steel framed BHP's are tough as nails, made out of some pretty hard steel.  Those took substantially more work in comparison.  The stippling really does add a good feel to the hand and improves the gripping texture nicely.

As for the safety thanks or the remark, if I where to do it again I'd like round the front corners a bit more but as it is I do like how it's nice flat to the side of the pistol instead of some of the horizontal profiled paddles seen by other big name makers that just don't work for me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered the left side ambi safety from Browning. Cut the right side of the shaft the same
length as the original, rounded the end and hit is with some cold blue. 20 minutes
total and looks good.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I used the C&S one , I love it
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used the C&S one , I love it
View Quote

This.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top