Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2014 12:28:12 PM EDT
I just picked up a browning hi power T series but it seem to have conflicting info about it from its serial NO.and the proof marks.

this browning is T253XXX with just a the pineapple proof mark on the barrel and the frame there also and S stamped on the opposite side of trigger guard.

I was hoping someone could tell me something about it.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just picked up a browning hi power T series but it seem to have conflicting info about it from its serial NO.and the proof marks.

this browning is T253XXX with just a the pineapple proof mark on the barrel and the frame there also and S stamped on the opposite side of trigger guard.

I was hoping someone could tell me something about it.

thanks
View Quote

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/detail.asp?id=35
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:11:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks  that first place I started; But Proof marks is whats confusing me it has a 1968 serial number and 1969 proof marks; what I found is the they started to use the single pineapple proof mark in 1969 which this high power has. any insight would helpful .

thank you your help
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks  that first place I started; But Proof marks is whats confusing me it has a 1968 serial number and 1969 proof marks; what I found is the they started to use the single pineapple proof mark in 1969 which this high power has. any insight would helpful .

thank you your help
View Quote

Trying to pin down "exactness" of a Hi Powers' DOM is a best guess.
It is not unusual to find an HP with a serial# outside the range given by Browning or FN (neither have ever kept very accurate records)

Pistols were not assembled completely "one at a time", frames were made and then built as pistols when needed. Proof marks were added before final assembly.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top