Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2014 12:22:43 PM EDT
It looks like hammered shit and has some light rust; but it is a shooter!  Shoots just as nicely as some custom Hi-Powers I have shot.  Sights are a bit hard to pick up against black as it has so much wear, it has worn the white sight inserts out of the top of the sights so that there is just a sliver at the bottom of the notch.  Feel better about the purchase now; but man it is rough looking.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:39:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Refinish it!  I bought two and have already blsted and Cerakoted one.  It looks great and shoots great!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the bright side. You don't have to worry about scratching it while you shitcan the mag disconnect.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Refinish it!  I bought two and have already blsted and Cerakoted one.  It looks great and shoots great!
View Quote
any pics by chance?

What color ?

Getting mine done and can't decide on color
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll post some.  I did the frame, slide, and small parts in Graphite Black.  A also kept the stock grips, but blasted and sprayed them in Sniper Gray.  I am going to do the other in either FDE or Desert Sand.  There's an outside chance I may go with Tungsten or Sniper Gray with Graphite Black small parts.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
turned out awesome, thanks for the pics.  I went with smiper grey for the slide and frame.  Mag disconnect safety is coming out when they disassemble for the refinish, I'm also going to put some Mepros on mine

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top