Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 9:18:46 AM EDT
Went to a local gunshow a few days back and saw a guy selling a very good condition 1967 T series hipower. I want it but I don't know if it's a good seal or not. Light finish wear on the slide, 1 magazine with it, fixed sights and unknown round cound. Guy was asking $1050 for it. He also said he was firm on the price. Should I pass or try and make an offer/ ask for extras with it?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you in Southern WI, or Northern? I'm up North, so I rarely see decently priced Hi-Powers.

I bought a nice 1969 T-series over near Waupaca last year for $775, with no wear, and included the pouch. Down near Madison or Milwaukee he might get that price, but I wouldn't offer over $800 based on that description.

You can buy ones on Gunbroker, in that range, with no wear whatsoever.

ETA: I realize it may be difficult, but photos would help with an assessment of the market-value.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Western WI area. Also, no pics of it but it has light holster wear, no rust. Only had the one owner since 1967. So about $750-800 would be a fair price? He also has extra magazines that I could try and make a deal on I suppose. I'm not sure he'll budge much and won't see him/it for 2 weeks so i'll see what happens. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Western WI area. Also, no pics of it but it has light holster wear, no rust. Only had the one owner since 1967. So about $750-800 would be a fair price? He also has extra magazines that I could try and make a deal on I suppose. I'm not sure he'll budge much and won't see him/it for 2 weeks so i'll see what happens. Thanks again.
View Quote

I'd say that's a fair offer. You can buy them all day long on Gunbroker in the $1k-$1200 range, so I don't see any reason to go out of your way to overpay.

If you could get him down to $900, with a few extra mags, you might still be doing alright. I love Hi-Powers, and own quite a few, but I try not to get too excited when the price is high.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:35:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't feel like I should make a new thread for this but someone on armslist in my area is selling a C series for a good price with extra mags. I was wondering if the big rail on top was detachable or permanent, as i'd like to not have it on, thanks again in advance.
Link Posted: 9/25/2014 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't feel like I should make a new thread for this but someone on armslist in my area is selling a C series for a good price with extra mags. I was wondering if the big rail on top was detachable or permanent, as i'd like to not have it on, thanks again in advance.
View Quote

If its a rail, it isn't original. Are you sure it was a rail or the tangent rear sight?

Edited to add:
I just found the one you are referring to. Back in the '70's BoMar installed quite a few of those "ribs" on 1911's and Hi Powers for competition shooters. I believe the rib is held on by a couple of Allen screws. Realize that if you remove the rib.....you have no sights and probable no way to install new ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top