Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2014 6:06:07 PM EDT
I bought a BHP from aim and was recommended to replace the firing pin  and recoil springs. Is it OK to run an extra power recoil spring with standard 9mm ball? Is it OK to run an extra power firing pin spring with the original hammer spring?
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Some people have run a 18.5lb recoil spring from Wolff. Lately, the common practice  seems to be running the standard 17lb recoil spring.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You will have no issue's with Wolff extra power recoill (18lb) or firing pin springs using ball ammo. Currently Browning has a large supply of springs at a can't be beat price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have and continue to use only Browning Hi Power springs in my BHP with zero problems. I do not see the logic in going to a much heavier spring.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem is that Midway has the browning recoil spring, but not the firing pin spring.  Brownells has the firing pin spring but not the recoil spring, and I really don't want to have to pay for shipping twice for what essentially is one order
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem is that Midway has the browning recoil spring, but not the firing pin spring.  Brownells has the firing pin spring but not the recoil spring, and I really don't want to have to pay for shipping twice for what essentially is one order
View Quote

Just buy a bunch of other stuff to make it worth.  If you spend $150 at Brownells  shipping is free.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My mk3 HP runs fine with the Wolff springs, eats anything. I changed the recoil, hammer and firing pin ones.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will have no issue's with Wolff extra power recoill (18lb) or firing pin springs using ball ammo. Currently Browning has a large supply of springs at a can't be beat price.
View Quote

Link, please?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I would be surprised if Browning didn't have both in stock at this time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top