Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2014 6:24:23 PM EDT
It was the last ones they had offered for something like 359 shipped.   I had to jumop on it as I did buy one from batch theay had a month ago.

Anyway, the first one came in pretty rough shape but no rust, just not so good grips and crappy finish.
Second came in in actually a nicer look to it.   It was well worn but it was a blued pistol.  No other coating was present.
Wish I would have had the wood grips as add stated some did have them.   But alas, I was pleased.  This ink was made in 85 or 89.  
I think I want to have it re-blued.   Any one have their pistols re-blued and if so who did the job and how do you like it.
Think I am going to park the first one I got in.

Any help...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I also got one and am very pleased for the price. Mine is a T series from the 60's with the bluing very thin and almost no finish near the front, but no rust or pitting.

I am thinking of sending it to Novak for new sights and their bluing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I had Novak install a set of sights and refinish my slide about two months ago- no pictures handy but I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have thought about Novak.   Add them to the list...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]
IDK about you but I want to get mine cerakoted.

Some think it's sacrilege

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up one of the AIM MKIII's and Cerakoted it in Graphite Black.  It looks great.  I also blasted the grips and did them in Sniper Gray.  I also got in on another batch of the $359 BHP's last week and will be picking it up tomorrow.  If it is an MK or MKII, I will go ahead and rust blue it.  If it is an MKIII, I am going to give it a lighter colored Cerakote job.  Good deals from AIM either way!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top