Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 9:28:21 PM EDT
Finally got a chance to shoot my police trade in BHP (from AIM) yesterday and had mixed luck with it. I removed the mag disconnect so the trigger was great, but in two of the four mags I shot through it I had several instances when the slide didn't fully close on the next round. When this happened it seemed to stop just before the extractor? slid over the rim of the round. If I pushed the slide forward the gun would fire and work fine for another couple rounds before repeating. Three of the mags were brand new nickel 13 round Mec Gar and the fourth was a parkerized 13 round Mec Gar that came with the gun.

My guess is that I need a new recoil spring.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you clean the slide really well?  I pulled the sear lever out and I think 4 lbs of kosher salt came out. I would scrub the extractor area really well,  my springs felt good, but I replaced them anyway. Give it a detail cleaning and try again
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't, I'll give that a shot and try again. I think I have a spare recoil spring so I'll bring that with me to test with as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Really with any of these surplus pistols one should break it down as far as possible and clean & lube everything.  And then replace all of the springs with known new browning replacements.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#4]
What company has good new made recoil springs for sale?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top