Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2014 12:19:12 AM EDT
rear sight is damaged and frankly never liked it..........is there a Novak or something else that would fit in the rear dovetail and match the height of the factory front??

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
IIRC one of our members had to have a fixed sight made to match the height and replace the adj rear on his pistol. I believe you are stuck fabricating or sending the slide to Novak's or the like for a complete set replacement/milling operation.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Likely you would end up having to reprofile the front a bit.  That said some of the Novak's I've seen seem to use a rather generous front blade.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
As has been said, the sheet metal rear sight being replaced lends itself more for  custom sight, but it would require milling on the rear dovetail and possibly the front sight and reblue.....which can run into some bucks.  You can sometimes find like new replacement rear sights like yours on Ebay and Gunbroker for less than $20 - but you dont sound like you like it.

Check with Midwest Gun Works to see if they are expecting anymore adjustable sights.  There is a later model Browning adjustable rear sight that fits in the same dovetail, but it looks more like a smaller version of the MICRO sight often seen on the old IPSC combat comp pistols, shown below.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/browning-hi-power-sights/B515554711

Otherwise find a friendly pistolsmith with some milling skills and serious machine tools.

PS - If you check the dovetail size, you may be able to cut down one of the tall suppressor sights offered for the Glock or SIG pistols.  Only problem  I can see is that front sight is pretty wide.

I used a BHP like yours for 20 years and grew to like it.  Especially as my eyes have grow more farsighted.  Good luck.

Here is a pic from another person's post about his modded BHP for some ideas.  It is not my pistol, so I cant provide any other info - so you might try a picture search to find the original poster.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top