Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2014 11:25:08 AM EDT
Was doing some checking today on factory recoil springs and their availability.  Currently, Browning is backordered until late fall.  I called FN in South Carolina and their parts department routes you to Browning in Missouri.  Same deal, late fall (parts are coming from Belgium).  Sarco has recoil springs in stock but admits they are aftermarket and of unknown weight.  GunParts also has them in stock and says they are factory Browning and from Browning.  What the hell, I ordered two at $5.85 each.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have issues with my wolff springs
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I never have had a problem in my 1911s, but there's a lot of anecdotal evidence there's something up with the hi-power recoil springs from Wolff.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Wolff recoil and hammer spring. Both were too long and far too stiff. There was no way in hell the hammer spring would have been able to fit on the hammer strut.
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of those springs tend to be long, you will be better off trying to source out original browning springs.  Typically browning is the cheapest place to buy them but lately I've heard they have been out of stock.  May want want to try FN direct.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have gotten Browning original springs from Brownells.

Vince
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
After an initial problem getting my Wolff factory weight spring to fit, I looked around on the net and found that you have to finesse them in, spring is fine now, I too could not find browning factory springs for my gun either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top