Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 6:22:25 AM EDT
Can you guys tell me anything about the "Fake FN" FEG hi power clones that CDI has for $209?

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 11:27:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes; I can tell you that if the thought of having a non-FN made hi-power doesn't bug you you should buy one.

Now.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Solid FEGs

Buy one as a shooter or as a project gun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of the $199 ones and it has been fantastic. In fact, I sold my real FN because the FEG shot a lot better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome - it shipped today, should be at my FFL on monday.
The sights will be the first to go. And a C&S trigger
ETA: and a new recoil spring from wolff is on the way!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
My FEG "Fake FN" was $219, and cleaned up great. Absolutely reliable.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#6]
<------FN/Browning Hi Power fanboy btw

If I had to buy a non FN Hi Power it would be an FEG hands down.
Their fit and finish is far superior to the Argentine copies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought one of CDI's FN's and a buddy bought an FÈG at the same time.  Except for the markings, they are hard to tell apart.  He saved $200 and got as good a gun.

I think mine is just a little smoother, but not $200 better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Where are these FEG's located? I would like to check these out.....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Here ya go
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Here ya go
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here ya go

That's where I got my FEG

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:08:58 AM EDT
[#11]
You guys rock! Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I have three now

They are great shooters that were a Heck of a deal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:25:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought one of Teh $199 ones last year. It's in great shape. Parkerization and fairly new grips. Mag safety already removed. I thought I'd lucked up on some decent 3 dot sights, but it was white crayon or something similar that had been placed in the dots of he sights. I did replace the recoil spring because it failed to go in to battery on occasion after stripping off a new round from the magazine.

I don't need another one, but for the price, it can't be beaten. Especially for a truck/BOB/tackle box/stash away/CCW gun. Also, 44mag.com
has 13rd Mec-Gar mags for $20.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#14]
If you want a “genuine” FEG/FN counterfeit, rather than just a shooter, be sure the major components match…not only actual SN number (Prefix such as B, L or C, then a space followed by a 5 digit number) but SN placement (chamber visible through ejection port, slide below ejection port and frame...normally vertically on the front strap but some are just below the slide SN), matching SN font/size and counterfeit (smaller than usual) FN Liege "pineapple" proof (most often…but not always) right side of trigger guard root...in addition to the counterfeit FN (NOT Browning) slide legend. Although Gary Cole makes every effort to get it right and is excellent to deal with…in my experience anyway, a few of the currently listed "Fake FN" pistols are more correctly parts guns where some components don’t match…..
Such as this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com Item#411097063

And this one:

http://www.gunbroker.com Item#411131762

And this one as well:

http://www.gunbroker.com Item#411152124

There might be others, I haven’t checked them all, but of those I did check, most were “genuine” FEG/FN counterfeits…..
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I got one of the Luger marked FEG's last year.  Its a great shooter.  You can not beat Cole's price nor his honest descriptions of these guns.  His camera brings out many flaws that are not obvious to the naked eye.

Everyone is pleased when they purchase one of these

One guy got one that was a lemon, Cole took it back and sent him a good one right away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top