Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2014 11:45:50 AM EDT
I've got two Hi-Powers both in need of grips. Don't want rubber, and don't want to spend more than $50 per set. Recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 1:01:44 PM EDT
[#1]
VZ Grips are my personal favorites.

They exceed your $50 goal, but they're worth it.
They also run fairy substantial discounts several times a year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Navidrex grips from Brownells.  They are fairly thin.  I tried some VZ grips but did not like them because they flexed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I got this set for less than $50 from C&S.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 2:24:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
VZ Grips are my personal favorites.

They exceed your $50 goal, but they're worth it.
They also run fairy substantial discounts several times a year.
View Quote

+1

My FM has a set of VZ Pro Slims. I plan to get a pair for my FN in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I like the Navidrex grips from Brownells.  They are fairly thin.  I tried some VZ grips but did not like them because they flexed.
View Quote

?

How so?  Like if you squeeze them they bow into the mag well or they rotate on the gun or what?
I've got 2 sets and have never had an issue, although in all fairness I do sand them down a bit to get a better fit.
Plus the Navridex are thinner, I would think those would be worse.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My suggestion is that you up your budget.

Spegel grips are the best I have felt on a HP and they look great as well.

Link Posted: 2/5/2014 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll check those out, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Navridex grips from Brownells are no longer available.  Go to this site in hi power section.  Bob Reed has made contact and started importing the micarta navridex grips.  
He just completed a 2nd shipment and will possibly start a 3rd buy.  

http://www.handgunsandammunition.com/hi-power-forum/

Nelson
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I think a set of used plastics off of eBay, combined with judicious stippling from a soldering iron, would be kind of cool.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I went through a number of aftermarket grips, and discovered that the factory Browning plastic "contour"  grips work the best for me.  (Ymmv)
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:22:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Navridex grips from Brownells are no longer available.  Go to this site in hi power section.  Bob Reed has made contact and started importing the micarta navridex grips.  
He just completed a 2nd shipment and will possibly start a 3rd buy.  

http://www.handgunsandammunition.com/hi-power-forum/

Nelson
View Quote

This, both to the Navridex and Bob Reed.  Both are very good to go.  I think Bob is selling them for about $55, shipped.  I have a set of Navridex on all my BHP except for a couple of old ones, and one other exception.

The exception is, I bought a set of these on speculation and am very happy with them for the money:

Alternative Resin Grips
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:47:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like the Hogue G10s
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#14]
In searching around the web I discovered Altamont Company. I ordered two pair of their Slim Panel Super Rosewood Grips. Great fitting and looking grips, $26 a pair. Will try to get some pics up soon.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am curious as to hoe exactly the VZ flexed. My set is solid and does not bow at all when the screws are torqued down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top