Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2014 7:58:52 AM EDT
I had Novaks rework this pistol about 15 years ago, and it needed refinishing.  A local Cerakoter just finished putting Graphite black on it.  It looks great.  Excuse the dust in the photos.  The finish looks fantastic.

The grips are Uncle Mikes.  The serial number is still on the front strap.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:52:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks really good.  Question for ya, where are the serial numbers located on your frame as they aren't in the usually locations either on the side you photoed or the front strap?

eta: It's nice to have a finish that you'll never have to worry about rusting!  More I look at it the more I like it!
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#2]
very nice
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#3]
That looks great - Is the Graphite black that semi-gloss look by itself or does it have some oil/lube on the surface?

Looks great, I might use that on my Fake FN HiPower
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks good. I really like those grips too, how they don't have the border around them. Very clean look.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Classic look for a classic, classy pistol.

Link Posted: 2/8/2014 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks really good.  Question for ya, where are the serial numbers located on your frame as they aren't in the usually locations either on the side you photoed or the front strap?

eta: It's nice to have a finish that you'll never have to worry about rusting!  More I look at it the more I like it!
View Quote

On this vintage of gun, it should be located on the frame dust cover on the right side, just under the assembled in Portugal part of the slide.  Looks a little to me like he may have blurred it out.
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 7:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

On this vintage of gun, it should be located on the frame dust cover on the right side, just under the assembled in Portugal part of the slide.  Looks a little to me like he may have blurred it out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you look really close at the first picture, you can just make out a couple of faint numbers on the front strap, and I do mean faint!

Nice looking pistol!
Link Posted: 2/8/2014 8:07:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you look really close at the first picture, you can just make out a couple of faint numbers on the front strap, and I do mean faint!

Nice looking pistol!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice looking pistol!

Nice eye.  You're spot on.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
it looks good.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 8:51:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I like it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Looks great. One of my all-time fav pistols.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#12]
That could look good several different ways with different sets of grips.  You could have some rosewood, black ebony, cocobolo, walnut, and cherry--awesome looks you can pick from just a turn of screws.  Great as it is, but it's a lady with a lot of sexy dresses to wear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top