Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine is at my dealer and arrived last friday - I haven't had time to go back and pick it up, but I did do an inspection. It looks to be in better shape then described. Pending any disasters upon breaking it down, he will definitely get more of my business.

Just curious when you won your auction and when you paid?

I STILL have not heard anything from them since the original invoice for payment. Now 2 weeks since I won the auction, and 10 days since I mailed in my payment & FFL.

I won the auction on the 20th of December for 439.95 and sent payment out the 22nd, and it didn't arrive until the day after X-mas.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Delete
Link Posted: 1/16/2013 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#3]
If I don't hear from them soon... I'm going to blow a gasket. I've sent 3 emails over the last week with no response. I guess I'm going to have to start calling. Today marks 14 days since I sent in my payment. Hell, Obama could do something today that would prevent them from shipping my pistol.
Link Posted: 1/17/2013 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
At this point, I would recommend that nobody buy anything from Cole's Distributing. They are absolutely unreachable, and I am simply waiting until the 28th to file a fraud claim with gunbroker & the USPS.

If you email them, you get an autoreply and never an actual human response, and their phones are off the hook.

They have had my $622 for more than two weeks, with ZERO communication, and I want it back, or I want my pistol.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 2:28:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm at 2 weeks and counting. Another week and I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Guys,

I understand your frustration.  I don't think anyone was really prepared for the rush of sales that occurred since Sandy Hook.  

I bought a FEG Hi Power from Cole's in the fall, and the order and delivery was smooth and quick.  The gun was in better shape than it was graded online, and I am pleased, and they were easy to deal with.  

Please give him a chance to get caught up.  I am sure his orders went x10 in the aftermath (with his decent prices), and he is probably swamped beyond belief.  Judge his business practices based on the feedback during normal times--nobody was set up for the frenzy that occurred.

Just my 2 cents.  I know its not much comfort, but these are unusual times.  He really does want to make the sale.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:39:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Honestly I felt more comfort when I talked to the lady on the phone , she sounded dead dog tired, Just speaking to a human alot of times
makes people at ease . and having a phone stuck to your head all day has to be a drag
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm very happy with what they sold me and the deal was done in reasonable time (before the rush). So I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt.  I'm sure they're as busy as every other seller right now.
On the other hand, if they have time to keep posting new auctions--quite a few every day--they should have time to send shipments and answer emails.
Or they should take a break from posting new offers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#9]
just as an update, my BHP arrived from coles in much better condition than I expected. It was definitely refinished, but all matching numbers and a great re-arsenal job. I know some people have had troubles getting in contact with Coles, but my experience was quite positive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
just as an update, my BHP arrived from coles in much better condition than I expected. It was definitely refinished, but all matching numbers and a great re-arsenal job. I know some people have had troubles getting in contact with Coles, but my experience was quite positive.

I picked mine up from my FFL on Thursday.  

Mine is just the same.  Finish looks new, all numbers match, I'm very happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine arrived my FFL called me today to say it's safe . I go to get it tuesday I imagine
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I called them and paid for the gun had my FFL fax his stuff to them also havent heard anything and Now 48  hours after calling they still
havent run my card ...I did call them this morning they appologised and said they were swamped and they will run and ship it as soon as they can . Polite but slow I guess

So when did you win your auction, and when did you get your gun?

I'm still waiting 22 days later.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Won it 1/5/13  received at FFL on 1/18/13
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Won it 1/5/13  received at FFL on 1/18/13

Yeah, I'm pretty much getting fucked over.

ETA: wow.  I finally got through their eternal busy signal, and they claim it was processed on the 17th, and will ship in the next few days.  We shall see.
Link Posted: 1/22/2013 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I just picked mine up ., Holy crap , doesnt look like its been shot much . refinished and trigger is clean . gonna be a nice project gun
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Tick tock. Still no gun. Did get an email response yesterday saying my item has shipped out, but didn't get a tracking number. The 28th is coming right up.

ETA. Spoke too soon. It came today.  Would it kill them to send out a shipping notification with tracking?  I guess so. Seems to be a nice gun. It's C&R, so it's older. Not refinished. Wood grips. Now I've gotta dig up the missing owners manual.
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Congrats!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 4:56:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Dbl. tap
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tick tock. Still no gun. Did get an email response yesterday saying my item has shipped out, but didn't get a tracking number. The 28th is coming right up.

ETA. Spoke too soon. It came today.  Would it kill them to send out a shipping notification with tracking?  I guess so. Seems to be a nice gun. It's C&R, so it's older. Not refinished. Wood grips. Now I've gotta dig up the missing owners manual.

Link Posted: 1/25/2013 8:16:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Congrats--I'm sure you're breathing easier now that it finally showed up.

However, I regret to inform you that your photos are not showing up.
Please fix that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please fix that.

Eh, she ain't that pretty. It is one of the E-series early '50s FN HP35s. All matching serial #s. It's definitely a shooter. Good bore. Maybe I'll throw up a phone pic soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 4:17:35 AM EDT
[#22]
You better start shopping for a spare internal extractor, that is the weak link in the old Brownings.  That said you may never ever have a problem.

Oh I would order all new springs too from Browning just because it's a 50/60 year old pistol.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 5:26:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please fix that.

Eh, she ain't that pretty. It is one of the E-series early '50s FN HP35s. All matching serial #s. It's definitely a shooter. Good bore. Maybe I'll throw up a phone pic soon.

Thats the same model I just got. The paint is mostly gone and comes off pretty easy. I found some late 1950s wood grips so I think I am going to have the whole thing restored.
That lanyard stud was a rivet that had never been peened(cant on this model) or threaded so it just pulled right out. I did shoot it and it shot well

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please fix that.

Thats the same model I just got. The paint is mostly gone and comes off pretty easy. I found some late 1950s wood grips so I think I am going to have the whole thing restored.
That lanyard stud was a rivet that had never been peened(cant on this model) or threaded so it just pulled right out. I did shoot it and it shot well

Hope you guys post pics soon - would love to see what these "E" series units look like
any additional markings on them

If i'm not mistaken - many of the "E" series units went to SAS and MI5 units - any type of markings showing such usage

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Nothing .,
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks like it is in decent condition!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 4:06:35 PM EDT
[#27]
24 days and no pistols. I contacted them and she answered on the second ring. Very nice to talk to. However, they lost my CC info and my dealers FFL.  I gave her my info and dealer contact. Good to go........nope. My dealer called three days later and informs me that he had to resend his FFL two more times. My CC still hasn't need charged. I give.

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeah i just received my BHP from them and i bought it on Dec. 30th and i didn't have to resend my info
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 6:10:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Paid on the 7th, card hit on 9th, optimistically hoping it might arrive this week.
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Done
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
UPDATE:

30 days and still no gun or charges on my card. I give up

Well file with Gunbroker. Maybe they need to stop posting auctions if they can't fulfill orders. For the life of me, I can't understand why you wouldn't hire a couple part-timers to help with fulfillment if your business goes crazy.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Told you it wasn't that pretty:

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#34]
These aren't even listed on Gunbroker anymore, and Coles is listed as "inactive."  Anyone know what happened?
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
These aren't even listed on Gunbroker anymore, and Coles is listed as "inactive."  Anyone know what happened?

They got about 57 F ratings in the last month. They were simply unable to keep up with their business.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Of course this happens when I finally get some cash....off to buy some parts for my other guns. Maybe they'll be back selling somewhere the next time I have some cash...
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They got about 57 F ratings in the last month. They were simply unable to keep up with their business.

+1. Just like anyone else they got slammed with more orders in a month than they do in 6 months.  I got my stuff from them.

Good people, and will continue to buy from them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Here is a link explaining what is going on with Mr Cole. He is still having problems from being shot several months ago. The business is being run without him while he seeks medical help. Panic buying has really thrown a monkey wrench in things.

http://hipowertalk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2076
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Damn.  Sorry to hear this.  I knew he's had problems since the shooting but I figured as long as someone was taking time to post auctions, they'd be able to mail packages, too.
Too bad, since it was a great source of these pistols at a reasonable cost.

Glad I got mine from him in December, just before the crush.
Hope he's recovered and back in operation soon.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Holy shit!
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Received my two Hi Powers today and I am very please with their condition. My rear sight is damaged and I want to order a new one but don't know where to start. Is it just a standard sight for theses guns?
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#42]
I have heard alot of the BHP's have nicked rear sights . No idea why
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:12:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I have heard alot of the BHP's have nicked rear sights . No idea why

Look at guns that are Prison turn ins.  Beat to hell.  Tossed around, scratched up, dings and dents all over, corroded etc...

Just because some people carry a gun doesn't mean they are gun people and take care of them.

Link Posted: 3/23/2013 4:01:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Ordered my hi power off of GB from Cole's on Wednesday, it arrived on Friday! It is definately refinished to like new condition! Excellent service from Mr. Cole!
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#45]
mine was in great shape , slight nick in the rear sight. no pitting , scratches or anything . I expect to get it back in June I imagine .
Link Posted: 4/11/2013 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm not sure about the current state of Cole's on GB, but I'll give my 2 cents.

I ordered a Hi-Power back in Dec '12 from Coles. It was described as having a "minty bore" in the ad. When I got the gun home I found out the bore was pitted contrary to what his ad stated. It was a bit of a hassle getting the pistol from him in the 1st place and there was NO communication so I decided to just keep it. This was the beginning of the great panic so I wasn't about to have things tied up on a return.

Luckily the gun shoots great. To be fair, the pitting isn't deep at all, but it is not "minty" by any standard. The rest of the pistol is in good shape so I feel like I got my money's worth, just not the great deal I initially thought.

I noticed there was another complaint about bore condition vs description on Cole's feedback page. Mr. Cole accused the buyer of messing up the bore with abrasives in his reply to the negative feedback (wasn't me, I left neutral feedback).

All in all they are good buys if you're willing to put up with some BS.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#47]
I just bought one and sent my payment off yesterday...hopefully it's a quick turn around.

Can anyone tell me if this a gen II or III? I'm new to hi powers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=335348408
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks to be pre Gen III
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 2:43:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Coles is back under cdisales on GB.   Feedback is rolling in 5 and 6 a day all A 100%.  I bought an FEG hi power clone over the weekend.  Paid for on Monday,  at my FFL on Friday.   It's an Israel surplus.  Pictures on GB made it look worse than it really was.  Looks like an Arsenal refurb. Re-parkerized,  several new parts like hammer,  sear,  safety,  extractor,  but a bit poorly fitted - like they just stuck them in there out of the new parts bins.  At least they didn't take too much off the parts putting them in.  Straight out of the parkerizing tub - no scratches, marks or anything in the parkerizing.  

Overall,  for $230 shipped,  I like it.  Going to be a project gun.
Link Posted: 4/13/2013 4:54:19 AM EDT
[#50]
I have one also on the way from last weekend.  Unfortunately there was some kind of snafu between Coles and my FFL that I am using this time, so I don't think it actually left Coles until Thursday or Friday.  Still waiting for an email w/ tracking info they promised.

It is my 2nd FEG from them, and with the first going fine, I'm not too worried.

Quoted:

Coles is back under cdisales on GB.   Feedback is rolling in 5 and 6 a day all A 100%.  I bought an FEG hi power clone over the weekend.  Paid for on Monday,  at my FFL on Friday.   It's an Israel surplus.  Pictures on GB made it look worse than it really was.  Looks like an Arsenal refurb. Re-parkerized,  several new parts like hammer,  sear,  safety,  extractor,  but a bit poorly fitted - like they just stuck them in there out of the new parts bins.  At least they didn't take too much off the parts putting them in.  Straight out of the parkerizing tub - no scratches, marks or anything in the parkerizing.  

Overall,  for $230 shipped,  I like it.  Going to be a project gun.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top