Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2017 6:29:27 PM EDT
Way back in the day, when Kel-Tec was just starting out and rec.guns was the most common place to chat about guns online, I purchased a P11 and gave it the old fluff in buff. It was a good gun with a crazy long trigger, but it served me well for quite a few years as my off duty carry piece (and matched up nicely with my S&W 6946 duty gun). Eventually the P11 was traded in on a G26, which was traded in for something else. I would need more than my two hands to count off all the carry guns that have come and gone since then. I don't need a P11, but after seeing one in the LGS the other day I kind of want one. Have they made any improvements or is it still basically the same gun it was back in the 90's? Has the trigger pull gotten any lighter or shorter?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. I use it as my summer carry and glove box gun.
the trigger is long.
Its never failed and its fairly small.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine goes bang all the time.

Trigger doesn't bother me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked one up a few weeks ago.
Guy fired 6 rounds out of it.
$150 with the box of ammo.
Too good a deal to pass up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#4]
You can buy a short pull kit but I am not sure upgrading would be worth it.  Just buy a better gun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I've always got my eye out for a good deal on one... it was all I carried for a couple of years.
Even had the .40 conversion kit for it... worked flawlessly in either configuration.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had mine since 2003, and it's on my hip right now.  The bluing is gone, I've repainted the sights numerous times.  But, I keep it clean, and greased, and it works well.  I've broken 2 of the frame pins, they sent me new ones.  I've broken 1 ejector.  Broken a couple slide stops, but found out that it was due to the follower in an aftermarket mag.  I broke a firing pin, this was kinda funny.  Was at my parents house, and I was going to show the gun to my mom.  So, I unloaded it, and closed the slide briskly on an empty chamber.  Front half of the firing pin fell out thru the barrel.  They sent me another one, which was manufactured a lot better than the original one.  I've probably put close to 4000 rounds thru this gun, most of it within 2 years of buying it.  The frame to slide gap has gotten bigger as the aluminum has worn, but it still goes bang every time.

I paid $250 for mine, new, which may have been a little expensive in 2003, but, well, NY "price of doing business" and all.  I have a duracoat kit to eventually redo the slide.  Just need to find a couple other things to do at the same time, the kit is way more than I need for just the slide.  Maybe I'll do the frame, too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#7]
been carrying one for years, always goes bang, sold the P-9. paid $250 with 4 mags
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still carrying mine after about 20 years. I don't think the new ones have any trigger changes. The PF has a better trigger, but I don't like it as well as the P11.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure what to think about the P-11 as of right now. A buddy of mine just picked one up a month or so ago and brought it to the range with him last weekend. He handed it to me to shoot, I shot 3 rounds through it before a spring broke and now the trigger doesn't work. So, I've got it laying on the bench trying to find parts to fix it. Once I get it functioning again, I'll be able to form a better opinion on it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:38:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Had one it was ok at best. Long heavy trigger pull, never was able to find the sear disengagement sweet spot on it. Had issues feeding hollow points especailly on a mag change with just releasing the mag catch or pulling the slide back. It would have no issues with FMJ ammo of any type. I sold it and picked up G23. Now I carry a SCCY CPX2 and love it. It is a very similiar gun to the P11, cheaper price point, better quality, has never given me any issues feeding any type of ammo, trigger pull is is still heavy and long but has a more predictable sear brake, feels better in the hand and the trigger is not as harsh on the finger, comes with 2 mags with extentions which is good for larger hands. I peraonally would not spend my money on another Kel Tec especailly the P11.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top