Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2016 12:05:01 AM EDT

Anybody try it in their PMR-30 yet?
35 gr. Gamepoint, 2100 FPS.
I know it isn't on the recommended ammo list, but I've seen it around and I'm wondering if it's worth picking up a box or two.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Guess I'll have to be the first, then.
Saw it at WallyWorld again, figured if it doesn't work in the PMR, it'll be a fine excuse to buy a Savage A22 Magnum.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:49:27 AM EDT
[#2]
With the weight and velocity it should be a decent contender to run well. I've been shooting Hornady 30gr V-Max lately as a local place had a bunch for a reasonable price so I stocked up. Please let us know if it works for you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Based on the weight of the slug and the fps rating I'd say it's probably loaded up to the same energy level as their +V or TNT, both of these hollow points perform best in my PMR compared to other makes.

The bullet profile looks like it won't give any trouble feeding either. The TNT has a pretty wide opening for the hollow point compared to the +V and it feeds fine.

I'll bet it makes some nice fireballs as well...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Took it out to the backyard range between cloudbursts yesterday, shot 50 of 'em at paper from the 7 yard mark,
as well as some 40gr. Maxi-Mags... this was the best 5-shot group that resulted...

...the low-right flyer was all me, jerked the hell out of it.
No jams, (I only loaded 10 at a time in the mags,  though) seems to group better than the Maxi-Mags, but I'll need to do more shooting to confirm, off a rest, preferably.
And yes, the fireball was impressive.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:36:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only ever seen the A17 on the shelves around here. I've been shooting Hornady V Max because my PMR loves it.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:52:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm just glad there's another choice out there, availability has gotten a littler better locally but it's still just a take what you can find situation. Been lucky enough to find off the shelf Winchester, Remington & various flavors of CCI but have yet to see any Speer gold dot  or Hornady CD. The online prices are ridiculous, when some good sub $20 a box .22mag pops up it goes fast.

Good to know the Hornady Vmax will run in a PMR-30, I'd passed on any polymer tip round because I wasn't sure if it'd cycle reliably.

The only ammo I won't buy again is the Armscor, which is the easiest to find right now. Not sure if it's the 40 gr bullet or just the quality of the load, but it groups the worse.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a box of A22 35 gr. Gamepoint this morning.

I'll try in MR-30 C&P.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top