Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2016 7:31:15 PM EDT
Got a new PMR-30 the other day...loaded up a mag and proceeded to test the function on my new pistol. At least half the time the extractor is not pulling the round out of the chamber when I cycle the slide (causing a double-feed of course). I have not actually shot the gun yet but I am pretty sure if it won't function when hand-cycling it won't work when I shoot it. Any quick fixes or should I just send it back to Kel-Tec?
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
but I am pretty sure if it won't function when hand-cycling it won't work when I shoot it
View Quote

That's not really true. A large part of the blowback extraction and ejection cycle is aided by the recoil action, so it might extract and eject just fine even though it has trouble with "live round extraction". I've run 22 and 9mm blowback smgs with missing or broken extractors and they still ran fine, albeit with weak ejection, since the extractor provides a pivot point to assist in the ejection cycle.

Maybe someone with more experience specifically in the PMR30 can tell you if it's known to have problems with live round extraction or not; and if so whether that is an issue with it cycling.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's not really true. A large part of the blowback extraction and ejection cycle is aided by the recoil action, so it might extract and eject just fine even though it has trouble with "live round extraction". I've run 22 and 9mm blowback smgs with missing or broken extractors and they still ran fine, albeit with weak ejection, since the extractor provides a pivot point to assist in the ejection cycle.

Maybe someone with more experience specifically in the PMR30 can tell you if it's known to have problems with live round extraction or not; and if so whether that is an issue with it cycling.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
but I am pretty sure if it won't function when hand-cycling it won't work when I shoot it

Word. I'll just go shoot it tomorrow and see what happens
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I shot it today and it ran pretty good. Out of 80 rounds I had 1 bobble where one of the rounds got dented so not sure if that's the gun's fault or the ammos fault. Sweet gun though I found myself very accurate with it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
they get even better with use i have well over a few thousand rounds through it.i expect after 500 rounds you will be very happy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
It was definitely the most enjoyable pistol I've ever shot. Very easy to hit what you're aiming at.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#6]
What ammo? These guns are very picky with ammo you need to try a few different brands to see what works, they tend to like heavier bullets with higher velocities. It sounds like that's your issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top