Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No reply yet, sure they are on vacation.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#2]
So I got a generic response today.....
"AS OF 8/1/2016*****

WE WILL NO LONGER OFFER THE DIRECT PURCHASE PROGRAM.  IN SEPTEMBER WE WILL BE STARTING A PROGRAM SIMILAR TO THE BLUE LABEL PROGRAM GLOCK HAS. IT WILL START IN LIMITED AREA'S AND WE WILL BE ADDED AREA'S AS FAST AS POSSIBLE"

I  ask when I should check back with them......no response.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"AS OF 8/1/2016*****

WE WILL NO LONGER OFFER THE DIRECT PURCHASE PROGRAM.  IN SEPTEMBER WE WILL BE STARTING A PROGRAM SIMILAR TO THE BLUE LABEL PROGRAM GLOCK HAS. IT WILL START IN LIMITED AREA'S AND WE WILL BE ADDED AREA'S AS FAST AS POSSIBLE"

View Quote

That sucks. Bet things will be impossible to source, just like all KelTecs
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Those who have a gen 2 40 S&W....

What distance do you zero at?

I tried at 25 yards, I maxed out both my elevation and windage.  I'm still 4 inches low and my windage is fine, but my post is as far left as possible...  Havent had a chance at 50 yards yet.

Any help?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I tried at 25 yards, I maxed out both my elevation and windage.  I'm still 4 inches low and my windage is fine, but my post is as far left as possible...  Havent had a chance at 50 yards yet.

Any help?

Thanks!
View Quote

You could always trim the sight. Maybe try 50 and see where you land.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any help?

Thanks!

The group has to go up, so my front sight need to go down.  So really, I can't go down any further leaving me with just the top of the sight.

I'm not sure if it would work going out to 50 yards or not. I really don't want to throw a red dot on it either.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"AS OF 8/1/2016*****

But also may make it easier if they up production.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I sight mine in at 75 yards, had to loosen the jam nut and move the front sight a tad as it was canted. Easy to do, mine shot low but i had enough adjustment to fix it. Have a sparc ar on there now 1/3 cowitnessed to sights.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I sight mine in at 75 yards, had to loosen the jam nut and move the front sight a tad as it was canted. Easy to do, mine shot low but i had enough adjustment to fix it. Have a sparc ar on there now 1/3 cowitnessed to sights.
View Quote

That could be my issue, as it would explain the post being all the way down and all the way left.

I checked with the naked eye, but maybe its just enough to be canted.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 gen 2 Sub 2000's, a 9MM and a .40 S&W. One was spot on as it came from the factory and one had to have the POI moved about 2" to the right. I have an older 9mm Gen 1 Sub 200 that also had to have the POI adjusted a bit to the right, A friend who bought a 9MM after shooting mine had his come from the factory shooting right to POI for him. We were and are very pleased and perhaps lucky. They are great guns....<><....:)
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That could be my issue, as it would explain the post being all the way down and all the way left.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it was just barely noticeable made a big difference.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got mine a week and a half ago.  Set up for SW59 mags.

I installed a Fortis F1 absolute mount with a PA MD-06l.  Witnesses perfectly.  However, I do want to install the Combat Aperture folding sight from Performance Services.  Might try the mod to allow the factory rear sight to fold down.

Not too worried about losing the folding storage capability.

Just used an X-Acto and trimmed the ears off of the rear sight.  Stays down when opening, but that is not an issue.  Should have enough tension to stay upright under recoil.  Even if the dot were to fail, I think sighting through it and the front sight should be good enough.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw some of you looking for a Gen 2 that takes S&W M&P magazines.   A local gun shop named Dawsonville Gun in Dawsonville,  GA has a multi-mag variant that is configured for M&P 9mm magazines.   It is FDE in color and you can buy an inexpensive part and change it to shoot Beretta mags as well.

I think their price is around $429.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:47:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Does anyone know if the M&P magazine catch will fit a Gen 1?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Just got another in Woodland, a BH Police exclusive.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/user/blklizard1/media/IMG_7611_zpswteiv5oh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/blklizard1/IMG_7611_zpswteiv5oh.jpg</a>
View Quote

I oddly like that...
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/user/blklizard1/media/IMG_7611_zpswteiv5oh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm302/blklizard1/IMG_7611_zpswteiv5oh.jpg</a>
View Quote

Do you have a link for that?

Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#18]

WHAT!?  WHAT?!

Someone with an ACTUAL ORIGINAL METAL SUB series!?!?  

I saw those YEARS ago.... and since them, have not run across another.  

I bought the original Sub-40 (Glock 22 mag well) via Gunbroker and had to wait FOREVER.....

I wanted to pickup another Sub-40, but then the Sub-2000 series replaced it.  Wasn't fond of the plastic front sights.....so I never got another.  Now with a threaded barrel in the next Gens, I might entertain the idea... LOL.

I remember that the marketing point for the original Sub series, the owner/user could change the grips to go from one mag time to a different mag type, if I recall correctly.

Does Keltec even have any accessories for the original Sub 9/40s?  I wanted to get that funky "folding" scope mount at the time....

(I have never seen another Sub-9/40 for sale locally or even on Gunbroker...not when I look at least....)
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:59:52 AM EDT
[#19]
What is the optic mount?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#20]
So after selling mine four years ago, one of the bigger regrets in my life, I finally managed to find a G19 sub 2000 for sale.

Can't wait until it comes in.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 1:54:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Once I learned about the Keltec S2K being interchangeable to take 9mm Glock mags, I bought a Glock 19, a bunch of 17rd and 33rd aftermarket Glock mags and after weeks of patiently bidding on Gunbroker, got a Keltec S2K 9mm glock mag model for only $375. Yeah, I stole it.

I've had a busy sched this year so I've only shot it twice so far. Each time I put several hundred rounds thru it.

First time I had no Failures To Feed, no Failures To Fire, no Failures To Eject. But I noticed the hammering my cheek was getting from pressing down on the tube whilst aiming. I also noticed that no matter how hard I pressed my cheek down on the stock's tube, I couldn't get my eye to completely line up with the rear ring sight and front post sight.

I bought a Hogue grip sleeve, a poly sleeve for the bolt and a poly sleeve for the stock tube. I also pimpified the fore-end with a m-lok sling attachment, a short pic rail for underneath, an angled foregrip and mounted a small LED flashlight underneath the muzzle.

Second time I shot it was this weekend (9/23/2017). I ran about 300 rds thru it. I had about six malfunctions but every single time it was from some cheapass aluminum Monarch ammo. I will never buy that crap again. All the brass reloads I got at a gunshow performed flawlessly. But once again, I had trouble with my cheek-weld. I just plain couldnt get my eye to line up with the sights.

Here's my question: are there aftermarket sights I can buy to raise the rear sight ring and raise the front sight post? If so, who, what, where, etc?

If there isn't an aftermarket sight fix for this, I reckon my only alternative is to buy a side-mount for an optic and put some kind of red dot on there.

Thanks for the help y'all!

Mark/ A-Aargh 15
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I think some blowback guns are no go with aluminum ammo. Can’t remember when or where I came across that but it was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I think some blowback guns are no go with aluminum ammo. Can’t remember when or where I came across that but it was a long time ago.
View Quote
well, I reckon it didn't help that I deliberately ran it dirty the second time , having decided to not clean it after the first tryout and see how picky it was running dirty on several different types of ammo. But I'll take your advice and avoid the el cheapo aluminum crap in the future.

Meanwhile, it was great shooting my Glock 19 for the first time. I won a Gunbroker auction for that one too. It's a Glock Factory Refurb, Gen 3. When I picked it up at my local gun dealer, he & and I couldn't tell the difference between it and a new Glock 19 he had in the display case. Glock did a really good job because we couldnt tell what parts had been repaired or replaced. It looked brand new. Then a buddy of mine who is former Marine Corps showed me a different grip method at the range that made all the difference. My accuracy improved immediately. Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Dirty shouldn’t matter. I never clean mine.

This might be where I first saw it
KelTec owners group
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Is there enough barrel in front of the front sight to have it threaded?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 5:11:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Is there enough barrel in front of the front sight to have it threaded?
View Quote
Don't think you can on the first gen and the current guns have threaded barrels
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 6:58:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Cool, I did not know that.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#28]
MCARBO just rolled out a (slightly) taller rear sight, in both peep & notch versions. Both are supposedly able to work with the factory front iron.

Since the front is just a standard AR post, any taller AR post will work. But I've not seen anyone try that combo yet.

I just run a red dot on a tall riser with a QD mount, so I can still break it down for carry if needed but the red dot is much more fun at the range.

I had a TLR-4 light/laser on my SUB2k for a while and really liked that setup vs the QD red dot, but recently pulled it to mount on my G40. When I come across another great deal on another TLR-4 I'll replace it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Blue Sub2k.
50 round drum.
Flipdot on quick release mount.
(stores on lower rail)

Link Posted: 1/17/2020 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm picking up next week gen 2 block 9 mm.

Thinking about getting the Red Lion front site and forearm.

Thoughts?

https://www.redlionprecision.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1824
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 1:32:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm picking up next week gen 2 block 9 mm.

Thinking about getting the Red Lion front site and forearm.

Thoughts?

https://www.redlionprecision.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1824
View Quote
I've heard they are good quality but never actually handled one. Been thinking of ordering the handguard for my old sub.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I put a Red Lion on my SUB 2,000 and it is a great front sight , it is the sight that KEL-TEC should put on the gun at the factory . MC
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#33]
New update. Now the wait begins.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#34]
So you bought the CQ? That gun is intriguing to me. I asked if they could retrofit a old gun and they said no.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep, as soon as they posted on FB I headed to thee store and paid. Fingerprints on Tuesday so I can send off the F4.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Mind if I ask how much you paid?  Seems like the few that I’ve seen pop up on gun broker have sold way above MSRP and definitely above what I would expect the street price to eventually be?  I’d also be really interested in seeing how it shoots, if you get a conjugal visit with it prior to getting the stamp back.  I love integral suppressor guns, I’m just a little worried about the blowback port pop
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#37]
$930+taxes
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top