Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 7:54:41 PM EDT

First T&E model I've seen posted..

Link Posted: 12/6/2014 9:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess this means they will ship in about a year....

Kel tec is the one company that advertises thier shit to 10 million firearms owners and then makes 50k guns to sell.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#2]
And I still want one when its released. Whenever that may be.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#3]
looks neat
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:30:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Shooting it suppressed, wouldn't lock back on last round:

Link Posted: 1/2/2015 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Kel tec is the one company that advertises thier shit to 10 million firearms owners and then makes 50k guns to sell.

View Quote

That's the truth.
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#7]
As cool looking as that seems I haven't seen a video yet were its run 100% or were the video dosent show only firing a few rounds then video edit...
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#8]
I think they should release a 50-60rd mag with it.  Something that sticks out a bit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the truth.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/03/jeremy-s/truth-kel-tec/

From the article:
"One of Kel-Tec’s goals for 2014 is to double KSG production, and some of this will be achieved via outsourcing of certain parts of the gun."

This has succeeded, IMO. I can buy, any day of the week, a KSG shotgun at my local favorite shop for $900 or so.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think they should release a 50-60rd mag with it.  Something that sticks out a bit.
View Quote

That would be such a bitch to load. The standard 30 rd'rs are difficult enough.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I like mine so much, I may buy a second one

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm curious as to what the blowback is like. On my unsuppressed PMR-30, I can tell I get quite a bit of blowback in my face. Shooting Armscor ammo leaves quite a bit of unburnt powder behind which I can occasionally feel hit my face. Seems like that would be worse with the carbine.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hardly any blowback w/ the CMR.  The PMR's "hybrid" OS kinda precludes a can, but I've tried several & they all blow back a pretty good bit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Guess this means they 12 of them will ship in about a year....

View Quote
Fixed.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd thought so, too, as I paid way over retail for both my PMR & then CMR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFjVBzC2er0

Then I watched that vid above & heard their "target" of ~150 guns a day & think they just flat out can' keep up.
KT's a relatively small operation, all things considered.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Mine is enroute, cant wait!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:21:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Refreshed after returning from Kel-Tec

" />
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quick trip back to the local indoor range today... I fired 120 rounds and experienced
a couple FTF with the 33 gr. Remington, but everything else worked as advertised.

My CMR prefers 40 gr. pills, and it's very accurate
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet.

(I wonder, why has no one ever tried a 22 Magnum kit or upper for the AR?  Yes, I know there would be no mags.....but...)
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the cmr30 a lot, but I wish it was .22lr
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#21]
i got one for christmas what a blast to shoot very accurate it ate up 3 boxes of cci 40 fmj with no issues at all then i ran out of ammo dam it.very light and my op it lives up to all the hype.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#22]
From all of the reviews online interested to know if I could depend on this as a personal defense carbine? Reliability does seem to be an issue and the receiver gets so dirty on the interior after just under a hundred sixty rounds usually.

Owners speak up?
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From all of the reviews online interested to know if I could depend on this as a personal defense carbine? Reliability does seem to be an issue and the receiver gets so dirty on the interior after just under a hundred sixty rounds usually.

Owners speak up?
View Quote
I believe if you have to ask, you already know what the answer is
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:08:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Owners speak up?
View Quote
I've owned one for about a year and a half - purchased new from PSA. Shoot it mostly suppressed with an AAC Element 2. It has been 100% in feed/firing and ejecting. No stoppages of any kind. The round count is still relatively low at around 300, but I'd trust my life with it. I've shot a pretty equal amount of Speer Gold Dot, Hornady Critical Defense, Federal GameShok and CCI MaxiMag through it. 40/45/50gr.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 3:16:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Would be more effective for SD as a MG with extended mags, like a budget P90 or MP7

related:

Link Posted: 1/19/2018 11:49:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I picked up a CMR-30 last fall, first 100 rounds ran fine then it stopped, bolt came loose from the carrier. Shipped it back to KT on their dime and it's been fine since (so far).
Very accurate, really nice trigger out of the box for this price. Small enough and light enough it can be shot like a pistol with the stock collapsed. Really not much bigger than my Sub2K when folded. And I wish my Sub2k had a trigger half as nice as this one.

I've also had a PMR-30 for a few years. It's been interesting trying to find ammo it likes and breaking it in, ran OK at first, then it didn't til I learned how often I needed to clean it and how to load the mags. But still occasionally chokes on it's favorite ammo, seems the slide is overrunning the next round, I give the slide a little pull back and the round pops up and it feeds fine. May try to add some weight tot he slide to slow it down a bit.

But the CMR-30, it runs ALL ammo, doesn't care if it's 30 or 40 grain, and groups the cheap stuff as well as the good stuff. Which is nice compared to my PMR-30 which can double it's groupings depending on what ammo it runs. And both the old pistol mags and the new carbine mags seem to run fine in my CMR, so I know it's not mag related. I'm guessing it's the simplicity of the blowback carbine vs the hybrid system in the pistol.

I don't plan to get rid of either but the carbine is quickly becoming my favorite of the two. Time will tell how reliable it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top