Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2014 8:11:33 AM EDT
I haven't been able to shoot it much for lack of ammo around here, but so far it's been dead-on and reliable with full 30 rounds. It has an excellent trigger, and is almost unbelievably light. Hard to describe it, but looking at it and holding it you expect it to feel junky and cheap, but I couldn't hardly believe how nice everything fits and works. I'm surprised others are having issues with these. No polishing or break-in has been needed on this one.

Now I can't speak for other PMR's, I hadn't held one or even seen one in person until I got this, no dealer around here can get them. It feels like a toy from the weight, but once you work the slide or pop a few off, you realize it's not a toy for sure! Only failure I could get was intentionally limp wristing the crap out of it. But it actually fed a few while limp wristing, more tolerant than I expected. I'm not saying I'd go to war with this but for a range/pack gun/occasional carry, I'd feel pretty good about it, I need more rounds through it for a for a good opinion, just not really possible at this point

Things I don't like:

#1. I found the gray model, rear sight is gray, kind of disappears, but the FO help but I still would prefer black, I'll probably sharpie some of it.

#2. Mag release could be easily hit while carrying or dropping but it's a nescesity of the design, although I would love a thicker grip which would probably allow room for a conventional button

UPDATE: with further shooting, I found I can hit my 75 yard (16") gong consistently, only other handgun I've been able to do that with is my S&W 686, so accuracy (or just shoot-ability) wise I'm impressed, haven't shot paper though. I used a 6 o'clock hold all the way out to 75 with this gun.

Flash and blast are impressive, the flash is enough that just as the sun was completely hidden on the horizon, but still bright enough to see, I was almost blinded for a second and couldn't see where I was hitting

I'm probably terrible at this so feel free to ask questions I left unanswered

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#1]

My Gen 2 or whatever you call the lastest revision of them, over 300 rounds, I had 1 failure to extract a 28gr load. This thing loves 40gr/50gr loads. My friend on the other hand, got one when they first came out. It went to Kel-Tec 3 times for repair, and it's still sitting broken in his safe.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My Gen 2 or whatever you call the lastest revision of them, over 300 rounds, I had 1 failure to extract a 28gr load. This thing loves 40gr/50gr loads. My friend on the other hand, got one when they first came out. It went to Kel-Tec 3 times for repair, and it's still sitting broken in his safe.

View Quote

Yes it does sound like the first ones had issues, but after the gen2 change I've heard nothing but good

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Thought I would add that it seems to have a little trouble feeding LRN rounds, I had a couple boxes of Winchester 40 gr with exposed lead that one or two hung up slightly on the feed ramp, anything with a full jacket has been flawless so far. I might just go ahead and polish the ramp a little bit as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top