Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2014 11:31:40 AM EDT
The LGS near me is having a sale on blued P32s and I figured since I have a bunch of 73gr. .32acp Fiocchi sitting around with nothing to shoot it in, I would pick one up. They sold out, but they'll have more in by this Thursday the 20th.

I had 2 P3ATs in the past, but this is my first P32 and was wondering if there are upgrades or procedures that are the same.

1.Is the mag catch plastic and is there a metal option?

2. Does the usual fluff and buff apply to the P32?

3. Any peening issues on the guide rod hole?

4. Does the blued slides still need to be babied to prevent rust?

5. What P3AT parts interchange with the P32? Reason I ask this is because I still have a bunch of extra parts laying around for the P3AT.

6. Anything else I should know or any recommendations on upgrades?

I'm just starting to get back into the KT field after a few years of not owning one so everything I know about them might be different now. The brand new P32s are $250 from my LGS which is best I can get them for locally. They did have a barely used 7rd. mag I picked up for $10 as well and I already have some pinky/second-finger-for-me extensions on the way, plus I still have pocket holster for my P3AT that should work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 8:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess they're "go search for yourself" type of questions. I just wanted to know if the current crop of P32s have anything in common with the P3ATs I had like the finish and what-not.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I did buy it and shoot 200rds. through it with zero problems. I didn't even bother installing a extensions since it doesn't kick like the P3AT did. The mag catch locks in deeper than I remember my P3ATs doing so that's definitely a good thing. I'll just make sure to hold the catch open when loading/unloading magazines so as to not cause wear. I do have several extra brand new P3AT mag catches & springs that seem to be the same part.

As for rust, none so far, but I also haven't carried it yet either. I may try a floor paste wax or something similar, but right now I just wipe it down with Birchwood Casey Barricade like I do my other firearms. I'm also currently making a D.M. Bullard pocket holster copy like I did for my BG380 which is full leather, so I hope it doesn't promote rust. I have a DeSantis holster for it, but that type where the slide is right up front never fits right in my pockets.

Here is a D.M. Bullard. That tab in front of the slide breaks up printing and has the gun back far enough to sit just right.

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
They are good little guns. The fluff and buff stuff goes the same. Whole lot funner to shoot than the p3at.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had one for years and for deep concealment it can't be beat. I can drop one in my dress pants and walk around work with no issues.

The bad - the slide did rust a bit on my blued model , but not horrible. I neglected it pretty bad and had left it in the car through part of the winter, but wiped off with some blue loss.  The other bad part is the mag release sticks out too far and can be depressed by accident.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top