Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2014 12:03:01 PM EDT
Review of this trigger with a 30% off code.  Wanted to give a heads up since it's a better discount that the one you get on ktog after 25 posts.  Code is limited use, don't know how many are left.

Good way to fix IMO one of the few downsides of KT pistols.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 7:36:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for spending my money.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Money well spent, have you used one?  KelTec ought to put them in at the factory instead of the plastic one.

But then they wouldn't be ~$300 guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]
The Northwood trigger is great and a must have for the PF9. It seems like Kellgren fails at one part of each gun he designs, the trigger is definitely the PF9's downfall.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Coupon works.  Not sure how many are left.
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#5]
The instructions off northwood's site aren't clear on a few things.

First one, the instructions have you check travel of the trigger after you screw in the locktite set screw and assembled.  The problem, if the travel isn't right the set screw needs to come out again.  It is very easy to strip this set screw.  Checks should be done before using the set screw.

Second, there isn't much on reinstalling the grip frame.  I thought my over travel needed adjustment and started following the instructions by filing the back of the trigger.  After looking at my problem after a few test fits, I noticed my frame wasn't going back together right.  I had to watch a video on changing out grip frames to a step was missing.  When you installing the grip, before seating the rear into the grip, you have to push the metal part on the spring inside the frame into the mag well.  Once I did that, I was fine.

later
James
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, I see this thread is still around.  

I got an LCP so I went back by to see if Northwood was making a trigger for it yet.  The 25% coupon code is back up, but no dice on the LCP trigger.  Ruger flooding the market with LCPs for less than the P3AT has to be hurting KelTec.

My wishlist is for an LCP trigger kit, and for the P11 and PF9 triggers to be interchangeable so I can dump the P11 for the thinner PF9.  Anyone sold a KelTec with the Northwood trigger in it?  Will people pay a premium for it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top