Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2013 2:47:32 PM EDT
I'm looking for a good holster and mag pouch for my PF9. I have a Fobus holster and mag pouch for my P11 and like them quite a bit but they don't make one for either the PF9 or the single stack mags.  Im looking for something similar if it exists.  No IWB.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard good things about the Comp-Tac paddle holster and have been thinking about trying one myself:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=53
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 2:17:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The holster looks good, any idea on mag pouches? I can't seem to find one for single stack 9mm magazines.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a multi-tool flap holster on amazon.com that fits great.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the Remora holsters, they are having a 30% off Father's Day sale right now.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 11:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I picked up a multi-tool flap holster on amazon.com that fits great.

After working for years with the traditional flap style snap mag pouch common fur duty belts I made the switch to the open top pouch. I'll never look back. I've never had one fall out in numerous fights, foot chases, fence jumps, etc and they are clearly superior for speed and ease of reloading.  I just can't find one for the little single stack 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Check out the Remora holsters, they are having a 30% off Father's Day sale right now.

I'm not really interested in the holster but their mag pouch may be workable.  Combined with the Comp Tac holster above I may have a solution.

Thanks for the suggestions.

ETA:  Damn, looks like the mag holders are IWB only.
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 6:59:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a good holster and mag pouch for my PF9. I have a Fobus holster and mag pouch for my P11 and like them quite a bit but they don't make one for either the PF9 or the single stack mags.  Im looking for something similar if it exists.  No IWB.

I carry my PF9 in a fobus holster for a 1911,fit right in,I just trimmed it because it was too long.No joke it works very well.
Mine was longer than this one below,plus I had it already

http://www.ebay.com/itm/C21B-Fobus-Holster-1911-Kimber-Kahr-FN49-Kel-Tec-PF9-/290531149932

Link Posted: 7/5/2013 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Surplus CZ82 holsters and mag pouches are a perfect fit for the PF9, doesn't sound quite like what you want though.

$6.50 for mag pouches at Widener's, excellent shape, thick leather:  http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=100000653&dir=
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Comp-Tac also makes a kydex mag pouch for the PF9, or maybe something like this?

Desantis Mag Pouch
Link Posted: 7/5/2013 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Comp-Tac also makes a kydex mag pouch for the PF9, or maybe something like this?

Desantis Mag Pouch

I looked at Comp-Tac's website and they only make the mag pouch for the P-11 unless I'm missing it somehow.  When I enter the make it only has the P-11 on the list of possible selections.

ETA:  They do have a single, just not a double, for the PF-9
Link Posted: 8/5/2013 11:19:42 AM EDT
[#11]
What is the best pocket holster for a PF-9? I am using a Nemesis made for a Kahr PM9 and it has a folded/sewn ridge at the slide area that makes it seem much wider in the pocket and prints a bit more.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
IWB or OWB?
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IWB or OWB?
View Quote

I was looking for OWB.  I've never cared for IWB holsters.  I ended up going with the CompTac and just getting two single mag pouches.  I've been satisfied with it thus far.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was looking for OWB.  I've never cared for IWB holsters.  I ended up going with the CompTac and just getting two single mag pouches.  I've been satisfied with it thus far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IWB or OWB?

If you ever want to try IWB, which IMO maximizes the slimness of the PF9, then I'll just suggest these two:

This is what I used for my PF9, I really liked it.
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Bare_Asset_/bare_asset_.html

What use now with my DB9
http://pjholster.com/?page_id=30
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#16]
IWB certainly maximizes concealment.  I just never liked the trade off in comfort, speed, and ease of reholstering.  When I tried it I didn't like the gun pressed against my side, I felt like it was slower to draw without the gap created by being outside the waistband, and they collapse when you draw.  

Admittedly I've never tried one like the one you linked.  Does the leather maintain a decent opening under belt tension after the gun is out?
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
IWB certainly maximizes concealment.  I just never liked the trade off in comfort, speed, and ease of reholstering.  When I tried it I didn't like the gun pressed against my side, I felt like it was slower to draw without the gap created by being outside the waistband, and they collapse when you draw.  

Admittedly I've never tried one like the one you linked.  Does the leather maintain a decent opening under belt tension after the gun is out?
View Quote

The leather holster was great. It was comfortable and it was easy to slip on and take off. It was fairly easy to re-holster, although I'll be honest that is not something I am super concerned with since if it's coming out it's not going back in unless all threats are addressed in which case I should have more time and focus to give to re-holstering.

The kydex holster is very easy to re-holster as it rigidly keeps it's shapre and there is a definite "snap" when drawing and when re-holstering. You can also adjust the tightness of the hold with the screw on the bottom near the dust cover. They were both very comfortable and easy to put on and take off.

At the very least it would provide you different options, and the two choices I linked are quite affordable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go on Ebay and do a search for Fobus SG239. I found 95 results.

Fobus shows the SG239 as their PF9 holster but does not list any specifics on it, just the holster part number.

I had one for the PF9 I used to own. It went with the pistol when I sold it.

BK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top