Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2017 12:03:23 AM EDT
Been looking at a CZ 85B since I'm left handed. Outside the left handed bits, how do parts interchange between the 75 and 85.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
It appears CZ is no longer making the 85 (doesn't show on their website the last time I looked).

If you want one, you might want to get one before the dealers push the prices up or they get hard to find.

The only parts I know of (I've got a Pre B CZ 85 that I put all new springs, a new extractor, a new barrel and new grips on and a CZ 75 Compact I converted to CZ 85 controls) that are different are:

firing pin (if you've got the model that does not have the firing pine block) and the piece that keeps the firing pin in the slide

the right side slide release (not used on the CZ 75)

the left side slide release is different, but should work on the CZ 75

the safeties are made differently (there are several different types of thumb safeties on CZ 75's but the CZ 85 type is different than those)

the frame is different

based on which CZ 85 you get (firing pin block vs. no firing pin block) the slides can be different, the sear can be different, no firing pin lifting lever/arm or the spring for it.

The common parts you might need/want to replace or buy spares from will work for either.

trigger return spring, hammer spring, hammers, magazines, grips/screws, extractor/spring/pin, trigger pin, hammer pin(s), left side safety retaining parts/spring, slide release retaining spring, trigger bar, disconnector, magazine release and spring, trigger bar lifter spring and retaining screw, sights, barrel, recoil spring and guide, the pins that hold the hammer spring cup and magazine brake in place, the magazine brake, the hammer spring cup/lanyard loop

Now, the Pre B guns (B - firing pin block) have some other differences, and some of those parts are about impossible to find.

I really like the CZ 85.  I was planning on buying one at some point.  I converted a CZ 75 Compact to look/work like a CZ 85 (only have a couple things left to work through - cosmetic stuff) before getting it refinished.  I carry that pistol every day.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ actually made 2 versions:

- the 85B and

-the 85 Combat.

I have a Combat.  

Prior to the SP-01, the Combat was CZ's dedicated competition pistol for "combat pistol competition" (the old name for IPSC).  

It fit the role for "Production Division" while the discontinued CZ Champion fit "Open" and the "Standard IPSC" (later, TS) fit Limited.

The 85 Combat parts generally interchange  with 75Bs, with the exception noted above re: the lack of a Series 80-type firing pin safety in the Combat.  

I have a Combat trigger in my SP01.  Also, the Combat's mag button is slightly longer, and the beaver tail is different.

IIRC, the 85B came with a Euro-style magazine brake, while the Combat did not (it's a 10 minute fix either way).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top