Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 7:21:55 PM EDT
Got a cz75 on trade and shot for the first time today. 2 mags with 3-4 stove pipes apiece and about 80% of the time the gun needed to be decocked to DA because even though the hammer was cocked, the trigger was completely limp like there was no mag in it. Some times pulling the trigger 2-3 times would cause it to work. Anyone got any ideas? I don't think I'm limp wristing it. Only have one mag so I couldn't try a different one. 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi Larry,

I'm not an armorer by any means, but I would recommend you replace the hammer spring and recoil spring for good measure.

It's probably the hammer spring mostly.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got a cz75 on trade and shot for the first time today. 2 mags with 3-4 stove pipes apiece and about 80% of the time the gun needed to be decocked to DA because even though the hammer was cocked, the trigger was completely limp like there was no mag in it. Some times pulling the trigger 2-3 times would cause it to work. Anyone got any ideas? I don't think I'm limp wristing it. Only have one mag so I couldn't try a different one. 
View Quote

Stove pipe is probably magazine related or pistol could need a cleaning.  The limp trigger could be a number of things it could be that you might need to just to a spring overhaul on the whole trigger system.  You might even consider sending the pistol into CZ or off the CGW for a trigger job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top