Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2017 1:37:34 PM EDT
So I would like this to be a SAO if that is possible. If not, I would like the the SA to be around 4.5-5 lbs. and the DA as light as it can be.
The other thing I would like to change is the manual safety for a wider easier to use manual safety. The slide release is a bit of a stretch to reach but I will either sling shot the slide or use my left hand thumb to release the slide.
I have read about Cajun Gun Works but not sure what parts I need especially to make the trigger better.
So any specific fix you can think of would be appreciated.
The gun will be strictly HD/nightstand gun. I may carry it on occasion when walking my property but that is about it as far as carry.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can contact Cajun Gun Works and basically tell them exactly what you asked here, tell them what you want to do and they will recommend all the parts you'll want to get you there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#2]
^this.

I will hopefully make things work out to stop by CGW next week
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:43:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can contact Cajun Gun Works and basically tell them exactly what you asked here, tell them what you want to do and they will recommend all the parts you'll want to get you there.
View Quote
That is what I will do, thanks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I called CGW and spoke to Scott He was very helpful.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I called CGW and spoke to Scott He was very helpful.
View Quote
Excellent to hear, they make great products and are very quick to help with technical questions.

I just put near $200 of their parts into my PCR and am very happy with the results. 
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Excellent to hear, they make great products and are very quick to help with technical questions.

I just put near $200 of their parts into my PCR and am very happy with the results. 
View Quote
The CS from them is why I throw my money at them for my CZs.  Coming soon I plan to go even further with upgrading my SP-01 and will be buying more stuff from CGW.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I would like this to be a SAO if that is possible. If not, I would like the the SA to be around 4.5-5 lbs. and the DA as light as it can be.
The other thing I would like to change is the manual safety for a wider easier to use manual safety. The slide release is a bit of a stretch to reach but I will either sling shot the slide or use my left hand thumb to release the slide.
I have read about Cajun Gun Works but not sure what parts I need especially to make the trigger better.
So any specific fix you can think of would be appreciated.
The gun will be strictly HD/nightstand gun. I may carry it on occasion when walking my property but that is about it as far as carry.
View Quote

I just did all this to mine. Along with a different recoil spring and the CGW EZ 9/40 sights. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a client meeting in Ruston on Thursday.

Google Maps said it was 23.4 miles to Cajun Gun works. The extra 47 miles cost me $344.

When someone talks about customer service.....they should just say Cajun Gun Works.

I ended up with the SP01 Production Legal kit, including the CGW race Hammer.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just did all this to mine. Along with a different recoil spring and the CGW EZ 9/40 sights. It's awesome.
View Quote
That is good to know that you are happy with the SAO results. I am curious about the CGW sights that you installed. My eyesight is not what it used to be. Do you find the new sights easier to acquire than the factory night sights on the SP01? Also, any other sights that are easy to acquire for 'fuzzy' eye sight especially for low light conditions that you like or would suggest ?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is good to know that you are happy with the SAO results. I am curious about the CGW sights that you installed. My eyesight is not what it used to be. Do you find the new sights easier to acquire than the factory night sights on the SP01? Also, any other sights that are easy to acquire for 'fuzzy' eye sight especially for low light conditions that you like or would suggest ?
View Quote
Oh hell yes. I have the night sights on my Tactical, so I am used to them. But the EZ 9/40 sights are a lot faster for me. I'm 54 and near sighted, so focusing on my front sight isn't too bad. The CGW sights have a wider rear notch and a narrow front. They really do work well. I'll shoot my first match with the new gun next weekend.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The CGW sights which are Dawson Precision sights are quite a bit better than the CZC offerings for the reasons you listed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell yes. I have the night sights on my Tactical, so I am used to them. But the EZ 9/40 sights are a lot faster for me. I'm 54 and near sighted, so focusing on my front sight isn't too bad. The CGW sights have a wider rear notch and a narrow front. They really do work well. I'll shoot my first match with the new gun next weekend.
The CGW sights which are Dawson Precision sights are quite a bit better than the CZC offerings for the reasons you listed.
I did some dry fire  practice again today. These sights are the shit. I need to change the FO though, only because I prefer green instead of red.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 9:52:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not sure I would do that conversion, but so be it.

As for the sights, Dawson is the ONLY way to go, depending on your application.

I have the CGW exclusive, and they are pretty good for slow target shooting, however, I find the narrow front and deep notch rear "meh" for fast action, rapid target acquisition.

I am thinking of getting a custom rear done. Very narrow and very shallow notch, say, .130 wide and deep, and a .125 wide front.

I would almost like a solid rear with a .130 hole drilled, and the .125 front.

Outside of that, I have the stock Trijicon set in a bag.....hate em.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#14]
They're you go. Two different shooters, two different opinions. Except for the SAO conversion. DO IT . My 97 is next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top