Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2017 11:27:32 PM EDT
What's the skinny on this?

I'm relatively new to the cz platform and notice some of the guns have short spur, while others have a longer upswept beaver tail.

Sometimes either one can be seen on the same model.

Is one old and the other newer?

I'm sure everyone has a preference on one over the other,

I can't seem to find any when/why info about it.

Anybody know?
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Stainless 75b with the upswept beavertail. Best pistol I ever owned. Praying I get the funds to buy another one day...
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 3:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have CZ75 clones with both, and i like the upswept one better, just for looks. I can't tell the difference when I hold them with my eyes closed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Seems like it's a newer thing.  The original pre b's and older B's have the shorter first one, and the upswept one came about later on some models.  I'm pretty sure they still make both kinds though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#5]
During very high volume shooting the shorter beavertail makes the web of my strong hand uncomfortable. The newer style upswept beavertail does not.
As mentioned all new stainless models have upswept beavertail.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:09:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I was looking at this thread while holding both my "Mossad" guns, one of them has the "stubby" beavertail, and the other has the big upswept one. For the life of me, I don't know how, or why you would get hammer bite holding either of them in any soft of comfortable way. I would like to see your grip.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, I was really confused. I've never shot a gun enough to get blisters or anything other than the sliced trigger finger on my old S&W 28 from the grooved trigger.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was looking at this thread while holding both my "Mossad" guns, one of them has the "stubby" beavertail, and the other has the big upswept one. For the life of me, I don't know how, or why you would get hammer bite holding either of them in any soft of comfortable way. I would like to see your grip.
View Quote
Those appear to be friction blisters after they popped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top