Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2017 10:17:29 PM EDT
Has anyone done this install themselves? Looking to see if I can do this myself or need to send to CGW. I do all of my own mods but this is my first CZ.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive done one myself on an SP-01. I also dont have any gunsmithing experience. Theres a bunch of tutorials online you can follow step by step but you'll need basic tools such as punches, hammers, something to brace the gun, screw drivers etc. You'll need to do alot of sanding as well. It can be tedious and time consuming bc it involves alot of fine tuning and test fitting to get the trigger pull just right. It's definitely doable but their turn around time is 10-13 weeks IF they are currently accepting orders.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a P-07, the first CZ I've owned. I had it about a week or week and a half and decided to order the kit and just do it myself.
I didn't want to wait 10 weeks and also have to pay another $80 or $100 bucks, what ever it is for them to do it. I had never taken the
gun apart but found it to be pretty straight forward. The numerous videos on You Tube and the CZ forum helped a lot. Get 600, 1500
and 2000 grit sandpaper, dremel, polishing wheels and compound, punches a small screwdriver, hammer and you'll probably be good to go.

Watch a couple of the videos while you're waiting for the parts to be delivered and you'll have a good start on it. When the parts arrive
set up an afternoon or good part of the day and get busy. It's really not that hard or confusing with the videos. It made such a difference
it was amazing. I bought a P-09 a couple weeks after that and promptly ordered the parts and did that one also. The first one wasn't hard
but I proceeded cautiously, the second one was a breeze. I'm now playing with different springs and loads to see what still works. You can
get a pretty damn good trigger out of your efforts and CGW parts. I say go for it, you'll be glad you did.

EDIT: I don't know why it's showing in separate sentences, it isn't on my preview post screen, can't get it to show correctly.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The P-09/07 are super easy to work on. Just watch one of the YouTube videos first. When swapping hammers I suggest a starter punch and a good vise. When installing the hammer pins in the hammer use the vise as a press to push the pins back in slightly, align the hammer strut and then press the rest of the way. It will mostly be installed, but might require a few hits with a punch and hammer to be flush.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone for the guidance on this. I'll order the parts and tackle it. I enjoy this kinda stuff so should be fun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I did the Pro kit on my P-01.
As stated above, the online videos walked me through each step.
Also, check out the guides in the czfirearms.us forum.
My result was nearly as good as if CGW had done it.  The parts installation was straightforward. However, we dont have their experience in polishing, etc. - and that is the main difference...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I recently added the pro kit on my p-09. I was very intimated at first but really it wasn't bad at all and man what a difference, it is one smooth shooting pistol now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a P01 I bought from CGW and love it. have an 07 UG and will do the CGW kit myself once I get money.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I followed this guys videos and had no trouble

P 09 CGW Hammer Kit Install 2 8 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top