Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2017 9:49:11 AM EDT
I know they're out there, anyone have a lead on one? How close are the Tristar C-100?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an older PCR, (I bought it in 2000), and of course, it has the decocker, which is OK, but I prefer the safeties on my other CZ pistols.  PCR's (lightweight, alloy framed, compact) are very rare with a safety instead of a decocker.  At least rare here in the U.S.  I hear the Tristar/Canik pistols are very good, although I do not have any personal experiences with them.  As you indicate, they do have a lightweight, aluminum frame safety model that is similar to the 75D PCR.  If you really want this layout, that is the route I would go, depending on how much patience you have to search/wait.  Good luck!  You may want to post a WTB on the original CZ forum.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:46:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag to see a PCR with a safety.
View Quote
I don't think they're called a PCR

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=34318.msg645248#msg645248

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Huh, that's one I've never seen before. Looks to be older and has a regular compact style frame with pcr style dust cover. Is it a steel or aluminum frame?

If you really want a safety pcr then they are out there(kind of).
Cz custom milled the rail off of some compact L's to have a pcrish profile. I don't remember what they called them and I think the dust cover is longer than a normal pcr, but it's been awhile.

I love me the L's and have a couple. Now I need the steel frame version.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Cz P-02, compact L, and P-01 omega are all compact czs with alloy frame and safety.  All are quite rare.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:22:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I landed a P-02 several years ago and love it.  I have been hunting for a 2nd one since I found my first.
Currently willing to settle for a P-02 with the Omega trigger, or a P-01 Omega... then I could retire my unicorn to the safe by my P7M13.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#8]
In regards to the Tristar you asked about... I don't have that model, but I do have an L-120 (alloy frame full size... like a lightweight CZ75B).  Very well built gun.  Mags are compatible.  Grips require a touch of fitting.  Parts aren't compatible.  Some aftermarket does exist, but it's scarce.

I also have a Canik Stingray-C... basically a steel frame P-02.  Love that thing and actually carry it more than my P-02 now as the P-02 is irreplaceable.  Again... mags and grips (with fitting) are interchangeable.  Other parts not so much.  some aftermarket (mainly CGW).
Both are made in the same factory, both are really nice quality for the price.  Both are kinda up in the air as far as future given the political situation in Turkey.  I got them when CZ pistols were scarce on the ground a few years ago, don't regret the purchases, but I'd go for a CZ over a Tristar or Canik in a heartbeat given the option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top