Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2017 10:36:04 PM EDT
What model is it? The square trigger guard, big safety lever, fine slide serrations and holes for optic mount have me stumped. 9mm.

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:10:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 5:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Hopefully your new gun, that is very nice!
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:27:30 AM EDT
[#4]
it says MADE IN ITALY-

It's a Tanfoglio
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Witness
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I know it's a witness - it's marked on the other side. I thought about it being an Elite but the short dust cover makes me wonder. Most of the newer Witnesses have the chunky slide serrations (like Glock) so I'm thinking the fine serrations make this one an older model. Also, the newer factory guns have 4 optic mount holes, not 3.

The guy selling it is a bit perplexed as I am about what exact model it is. He's in the upper range of pricing for a used Witness if it's just a run of the mill Witness with some Bubba optic mount holes.

Any more ideas?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:12:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know it's a witness - it's marked on the other side. I thought about it being an Elite but the short dust cover makes me wonder. Most of the newer Witnesses have the chunky slide serrations (like Glock) so I'm thinking the fine serrations make this one an older model. Also, the newer factory guns have 4 optic mount holes, not 3.

The guy selling it is a bit perplexed as I am about what exact model it is. He's in the upper range of pricing for a used Witness if it's just a run of the mill Witness with some Bubba optic mount holes.

Any more ideas?
View Quote
Its not a run of the mill, it has the square  trigger guard and front strap checkering which was reserved for the higher end models.

You could always ask over at the Tanfoglio section on the Brian Enos forums, those guys are Tanfoglio experts.

Brian Enos Forums
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:17:21 AM EDT
[#8]
You can also call EAA and give them the serial number, they'll tell you exactly what it is. Be sure to update us, I am interested to find out
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You can also call EAA and give them the serial number, they'll tell you exactly what it is. Be sure to update us, I am interested to find out
View Quote
EAA on the website has a "Mag Finder" where you put in the serial number... it'll return date of import as well as original configuration / make / model / caliber / etc.  It's probably the best "what the hell is this" tool for Tanfoglio / EAA I've run across.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
EAA on the website has a "Mag Finder" where you put in the serial number... it'll return date of import as well as original configuration / make / model / caliber / etc.  It's probably the best "what the hell is this" tool for Tanfoglio / EAA I've run across.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Excellent

Mag Tool
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Elite Limited
View Quote
Current version of that has magwell and full length dust cover. The mount holes in the frame look 'after market' to me, closest to the base gun in the current EAA lineup looks like the Elite Limited Pro to me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
It's a "Competition Frame" from the early 90's

Imported 2.24.93

Takes the old style "small frame" mags.

A bit torn. I kind of like it, but it comes with no magazines and the guy wants $500 for it. $500 + shipping + transfer + a few $25 mags (shipped) + an ambi safety installed (I'm left handed) and I'm within a couple hundred bucks of a new Stock 2. Decisions decisions....(but I think not really......)
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Do it!!

I would love to find a small frame competition frame witness!!  That means it will take CZ mags, grips etc etc.

Seriously. That is a very cool pistol.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#14]
So...this or a CZ SP-01? I'd have about the same in each.

Or I'd be about +$250 for a Stock 2
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#15]
What will be it's purpose?
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#16]
General shooting. Light informal competition, club steel shoot when I feel like shooting a "stock" gun.

I have a full build race Caspian for the "real" shooting. Along with a couple VP9's and a bunch of Glocks. It's really just for something different.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Go for it then.

And post more pics when you do!
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:04:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Not very exciting.  Looks to be a plain witness slide on a small frame competition frame.  Fixed front sight?  Too much $ I vote.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Do it!!

I would love to find a small frame competition frame witness!!  That means it will take CZ mags, grips etc etc.

Seriously. That is a very cool pistol.
View Quote
It *should* take CZ mags without issue.  If they don't drop free, press the mag release fully with the slide off... look down the mag tube and if there is a bit of the release still sticking out... file that flush.
Depending on how on spec the Tanfoglio brothers were the day it was built, the CZ type grips might fit... or might need to be reshaped on the rear edge and have the screw hole 'wallered to fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top