Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2017 4:11:03 PM EDT
Should I be worried about this? I have never owned a gun that I needed to change a spring in every 1,000 rounds, is the CGW spring a permanent fix?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's nonsense.

I'm not saying that TRS' don't ever break or that the slide stop won't let go if you shoot enough but most people will not have an issue here.

None of my pistols have had an issue with the TRS and I have a few way past the 1000 round mark.
View Quote
I have somewhere between 2500-3000 through my SP01 and no spring changes yet.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#3]
When my TRS broke, I picked up the floating trigger pin from Cajun.  It makes replacement of the TRS easier.  BTW, CZ Customs is showing an updated TRS on their website.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 12:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
At a minimum, the CGW reduced power TRS, floating trigger pin, stainless mag brake (CZCustom), and the firing pin retainer pin will fix the slight shortcomings of the stock guns and give some added peace of mind. Add a spare slide stop and you can get through any bad day that might happen. 

Are they all necessary? No, but I've seen enough no-BS posts online about it happening to others and talked with David at CGW about it, and upgrading them is cheap insurance. 

I shoot and dry fire much more than most and shoot a CZ in production and SSP.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 3:27:34 PM EDT
[#5]
What's this thing you speak of spring change?

My main SP01 has easily 10K+ rounds, maybe double.  Many many classes and just rounds downrange.  Maybe I just lucked out.  Only thing I changed was the recoil spring, just tuned it to use weak plinking reloaded ammo.  Keeps on chugging.  That being said I have a spare SP01 with less than a box of ammo in it just in chase the TRS breaks.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I have broken one.  In my USPSA practice/dryfire gun, it had almost 20k through it and about 5x that in dryfire.  Put a bit of grease or oil on the spring and they last a long time.  When you replace it, use a CGW floating pin to make changing them easy, it literally takes me a couple minutes now and nothing else needs to be removed to do it.

It really is a non issue.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Should I be worried about this? I have never owned a gun that I needed to change a spring in every 1,000 rounds, is the CGW spring a permanent fix?
View Quote

Who the hell told yo that the TRS needs to be changed every 1k rounds?

I've burned 1k rounds in a day with various CZ's and never had an issue.

Every 20-30k rounds is pretty safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top