Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2017 5:48:25 PM EDT
Who's with me on this! 

Maybe we can get CZUB to consider it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
You want to hear something really ironic?

Around 2002 some high mucky muck at CZ considered building Bren Tens and asked Jeff Cooper and the rights holder to the Bren Ten about this.

Personally I think the CZ97 is a good gun but too chunky for my taste and I'm not much of a fan of the 45 ACP round anymore. Such a project seems unlikely with the EAA Witness on the market.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want to hear something really ironic?

Around 2002 some high mucky muck at CZ considered building Bren Tens and asked Jeff Cooper and the rights holder to the Bren Ten about this.

Personally I think the CZ97 is a good gun but too chunky for my taste and I'm not much of a fan of the 45 ACP round anymore. Such a project seems unlikely with the EAA Witness on the market.
View Quote
Good points.
The Bren Ten is one of the worst chunks of metal to ever emerge from a milling machine though, so I'm glad CZ never put their name to it.
The Witness, I have no experience with.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 6 10mm pistols. I'd be down for another.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:09:19 AM EDT
[#4]
your best bet is a 10mm witness.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:48:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Good points.
The Bren Ten is one of the worst chunks of metal to ever emerge from a milling machine though, so I'm glad CZ never put their name to it.
The Witness, I have no experience with.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I have had quite a bit of experience with this model. The Elite Match. Mine didn't have the rail though. Had to sell it because of a family disaster. I can honestly say that I wish I had gotten another one instead of my Sig 10MM and I like my Sig.

Heavy, but accurate and it had properly timed internals for 10MM rounds paired with a weighty slide. Personally I think this model was the result of some tinkering around at the Tanfoglio factory with the idea of a cosmetic clone of the Bren Ten. I would recommend having a close look at one if you get the opportunity. The box they come in is simply the nicest gun case I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
your best bet is a 10mm witness.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, Id buy one.
I like the CZ97 and I dont own a 10mm yet.  

Cant seem to land on one... Id buy a 10mm CZ though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:49:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Before I forget, such a creature actually exists. But I have no idea how you would go about getting one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#9]
How about CZ97 threaded barrels
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be a good start. 
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, they should do a SP-01-style redesign of the 97.  Light rail and metallurgy tweaks to handle 10mm if necessary, fix the magazine capacity.  No reason that giant grip should be 10 rounds.  I'd settle for 12.

Anyway, cook up a suppressor-ready variant of that, and I'd probably get both the .45 and 10mm flavors.  It would be epic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Honestly, they should do a SP-01-style redesign of the 97.  Light rail and metallurgy tweaks to handle 10mm if necessary, fix the magazine capacity.  No reason that giant grip should be 10 rounds.  I'd settle for 12.

Anyway, cook up a suppressor-ready variant of that, and I'd probably get both the .45 and 10mm flavors.  It would be epic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tanfoglio
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tanfoglio
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tanfoglio
The Witness Elite Stock III is the only one sorta close to my description but it lacks the threaded barrel and uses the same 10-round magazines.  So I'm not seeing how that is the answer to what I posted.

The SAR K2-45 is almost there but lacking the threaded barrel and 10mm.  And that's the red-headed stepchild that they sold off to CDNN to blow out so its days are numbered.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#14]
The 10mm has grown substantially in popularity over the past 2 years.  I've always loved the round, but it's definitely seeing a resurgence when it come to production guns.  It's silly to me that Dan Wesson offers several models in 10mm, but CZ still has none.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a couple of 10mm Tanfoglios and I'd buy a CZ97 in 10mm in a heartbeat.  Heck, I'd even go polymer and get a P-07/09 variant in 10mm if they made one (frame being too small obviously at this point).

Tanfoglio manages to stuff 14 rounds of 10mm into their fullsize mags, I bet CZ could match that in the 97 frame.  Without making the grip too large, I don't think pushing more .45acp rounds into that frame is likely.  Even the Tanfoglio frame only hold 10 rounds of .45acp.

The SAR K2 45 is being treated like a redheaded stepchild because EAA isn't importing SAR anymore if I heard properly, SAR is starting their own imports... so perhaps we'll see a 2nd round of the K2 at some point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top