Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2017 3:28:23 PM EDT
I am just getting into the world of CZ and would like to install night sights onto whatever model CZ that I buy. I am looking at a Fullsize 75, and a Compact 75, or possibly a SP-01.

I just want to make sure I can get the sights I want for whatever model I decide on.

I'm having a bit of a time finding what I want. I'm seeing different heights and widths.

I'm reading that there are #'s engraved on the bottom of the rear sight.

My favorite sights are Trijicon "Bright and Tough" green front and yellow rear. That's what I would like on what ever I decide to buy.

Can we get a good educational thread going about what sights fit what and what brands offer what?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:09:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the legwork has already been done by CZ Custom on the sight cuts.

http://i.imgur.com/oV0iELc.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the reply but theres a bit more leg work involved.    

I have been reading that technically you can put full size 75 sights on a PCR but they won't cover up the "shelf" on the PCR behind the rear sight.

What's that all about?

I can post a link but it's to a different sight if that's ok.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:00:04 AM EDT
[#3]
The PCR has an additional relief cut into the slide in front of the sight dovetail cut because of the sloped-front profile of the PCR rear sight.  It will take regular CZ75 rears, but they wont fill that extra cut space on the slide and look a bit off.

Here is a PCR slide with a regular CZ75 rear installed:

CZ Custom offers some aftermarket options just for the PCR that fill in the space:  https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/front-and-rear-sights/rear-sights/pcr.html

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The PCR has an additional relief cut into the slide in front of the sight dovetail cut because of the sloped-front profile of the PCR rear sight.  It will take regular CZ75 rears, but they wont fill that extra cut space on the slide and look a bit off.

Here is a PCR slide with a regular CZ75 rear installed:

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz262/sdw1961/forum%20misc%20photos/_SDW2106.jpg

CZ Custom offers some aftermarket options just for the PCR that fill in the space: 
View Quote

The picture helps a lot.

I can deal with that little "shelf" when I change the sights. I don't really care for slopped sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top