Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2017 5:15:31 AM EDT
I changed out the decocker for the safety in my P-09.

There is no positive click either engaged or disengaged.  When I watched a video of a guy changing his P-07 decocker for the safety, the clicks were loud and distinct as the safety went in or out of engagement.

Anyone else notice this on their P-09?
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
You have lost a tiny, but important part of the safety lever.  I did the same thing.

It's a small, spring-loaded plastic tab that fits between the lever and the frame.  Easy to loose if it becomes separated from the lever.  Get that fixed, and your problem is solved.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You have lost a tiny, but important part of the safety lever.  I did the same thing.

It's a small, spring-loaded plastic tab that fits between the lever and the frame.  Easy to loose if it becomes separated from the lever.  Get that fixed, and your problem is solved.
View Quote

Thank you sir!

Now to search for that tab!

How big is this tab?  Does the spring for the decocker stay in?

ETA: think I found it - tiny rectangular tab and very small spring, correct?  I can't see where they would go...

Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok, so it attaches to the right side safety lever itself.

Engaging the safety is still mushy.

Releasing the safety now provides a "click" or something to that extent.

I like the pistol, but using it as a single action with the provided safety... yuck.  Guess I will get used to it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 4:03:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Those are the correct parts, and you should get a positive click in either direction.

I'm guessing your installation still isn't quite right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top