Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 9:34:44 PM EDT
I bought a P07 about 7 months ago. Shot about 400 rounds and found no problems. Cleaned it and put it away to wait for funds to have night sights put on before carrying about town.

The sights on it are nice white sights.

Pull the gun out to check the fit of a holster I have. Fits like a glove. As I went to put the gun away I noticed something bright shining back at me.

Yeah, night sights. first time in low light seeing the sights.

Check the case, receipt and other paper work. Everything says plain white sights. Looks like the shop had put the gun in the wrong case and wrote the cost based on the gun case number. Funny thing is after comparing the serial on the case and the gun, they match. Factory mistake?

Either way, looks like it gets in the carry line up rotation.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
from the CZ website,

Note- Some CZ-USA dealers order special versions that vary from the standard configuration. This might be a difference in sights, safety mechanisms, finish or accessory package. From time to time you may find a P-07 with an extended barrel, tactical light, tritium sights or safety levers only. There are a number of special versions we ship throughout the year. May ship with or without a lanyard loop.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Are they tritium sights, or the luminescent sights?

I thought my P09 had night sights (tritium) as sometimes I'd see them glowing two or three hours after I went to bed.  After a few nights I happened to get up and go to the bathroom in the dark and when I came back the 3 dots weren't visible.  I turned on the light, looked at the sights, put the pistol down and turned off the lights and the dots were lit up again.

They can stay lit up for hours.

Oh, are they white all the way to the edges (luminescent) or sort of yellowish/green in the center with a very nice bright white ring around the edges of the dot (tritium)?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they tritium sights, or the luminescent sights?

I thought my P09 had night sights (tritium) as sometimes I'd see them glowing two or three hours after I went to bed.  After a few nights I happened to get up and go to the bathroom in the dark and when I came back the 3 dots weren't visible.  I turned on the light, looked at the sights, put the pistol down and turned off the lights and the dots were lit up again.

They can stay lit up for hours.

Oh, are they white all the way to the edges (luminescent) or sort of yellowish/green in the center with a very nice bright white ring around the edges of the dot (tritium)?
View Quote

turns out they are glow in the dark but still better then plain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
See how bright they get if you "charge" them with a super bright (~1000 lumen) light held directly against them. Don't look at the light, charge sights, observe in dark room.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top