Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2017 3:54:37 PM EDT
I took the plunge today and bought my 1st CZ.  Got a CZ P-07 Urban Grey.  It didn't help that my local gun shop just became a LE Dealer for CZ 2 weeks ago...  

I'm already planning on getting a P-10C whenever they are finally released too.

Now to order some more mags, a holster and go shoot this thing!

Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ makes great stuff and the P07 is a lot of gun for the money. Nice choice OP.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This gun will likely be my next handgun purchase. It'll make an excellent host for my AAC TiRant
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the mags already have the P10 cut as well.  Nice.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the mags already have the P10 cut as well.  Nice.
View Quote

Yeah, these mags have the P10C cut and the orange followers.  Gun Dealer said they just received this guns about 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Do those take regular old CZ75 magazines?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

No they're not the same
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice pistol!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No they're not the same
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they're not the same
Wrong. The P07 will take regular 75 mags. They will be a little more loose than the P07 mags, but they do work.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wrong. The P07 will take regular 75 mags. They will be a little more loose than the P07 mags, but they do work.
View Quote

They aren't designed to nor would I trust my life to a P series with a 75 magazine in it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They aren't designed to nor would I trust my life to a P series with a 75 magazine in it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't designed to nor would I trust my life to a P series with a 75 magazine in it
Fine but they can be used on the range or in matches if he wants.  They work fine for that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Fine but they can be used on the range or in matches if he wants.  They work fine for that.
View Quote

I've read the same thing that 75b mags work fine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#12]
The CZ-75 mags work fine but are just a little loose in the mag well. Been using them for years in my two P-07's.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I  finally got out too shoot my new P-07.  I didn't have much time, so I only got to put 100 rounds through it.  So far I like it.  But I'm not sure if I "love" it yet though.  I think it's just because I am use to striker fired guns (Glock's and M7P's). I need to get out and shoot it some more.

I'd like to reduce the Double Action a little and maybe just smooth out the trigger a bit... but we'll see.  I was thinking about sending it to CGW, but I really don't want to drop the $$ on that until I am sure I really like the gun and will keep it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]
CGW is great for trigger mods but I would recommend shooting it a bit more to get the trigger to smooth out.  After about 500 rounds the trigger smoothes out tremendously and then you can work on reducing the pull weights.  The reason I say that is you will drop all the trigger upgrades in and you may not like the way it feels right away and may want to change something else before you have sufficiently smoothed out the trigger.  I did the upgrades almost right away on my SP-01 and it was ok but did not come into its own till I got some miles on it.  My 75B I had about 700 or so on it before modifying it and the trigger was much different from out of the box to worked in.  Anything bonus is you will see the contact points and where to polish once you break it in before swapping parts.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
CGW is great for trigger mods but I would recommend shooting it a bit more to get the trigger to smooth out.  After about 500 rounds the trigger smoothes out tremendously and then you can work on reducing the pull weights.  The reason I say that is you will drop all the trigger upgrades in and you may not like the way it feels right away and may want to change something else before you have sufficiently smoothed out the trigger.  I did the upgrades almost right away on my SP-01 and it was ok but did not come into its own till I got some miles on it.  My 75B I had about 700 or so on it before modifying it and the trigger was much different from out of the box to worked in.  Anything bonus is you will see the contact points and where to polish once you break it in before swapping parts.
View Quote

Yeah, I am going to get a bunch more rounds through it to A) See how the trigger breaks in  B) Make sure I really like it before I drop the $$ on upgrades.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, I am going to get a bunch more rounds through it to A) See how the trigger breaks in  B) Make sure I really like it before I drop the $ on upgrades.
View Quote

You will like it trust me.  I am a Glock guy through and through, one day I got tired of hearing about CZ this CZ that CZ... CZ so I did some looking around researching and learning about the CZ design.  I started out wanting to get a Sphinx but after more and more learning the CZ had more aftermarket support and with a little bit of cash through into the trigger I would be better than a Sphinx while still coming out ahead on cost.  I started out buying a CZ 75BD and threw a SRS-2 CGW kit in it and I tell you what it is pretty tits.  So that pistol was taken away from me as she really liked the pistol and I found myself at the range with her never getting to shoot it.  So I bought myself a SP-01 Tactical did the same upgrades to it as the 75.  Pretty soon I am going to take it a step further and do the full CGW upgrade to it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 1:39:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No they're not the same
View Quote

P07's certainly do function with standard 75 mags, but they don't fit flush and are slightly narrower than the P07 mags.

ETA I should have read more, thats apparently been covered.

OP, My P07 has CGW internals, short reset kit, etc, and it was a worthwhile addition.  It is a great suppressor host as well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they're not the same

Huh, all these years I thought CZ said they didn't work and I just took their word for it.  

Kind of makes me want to buy one now that I know I can share spare mags
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, I am going to get a bunch more rounds through it to A) See how the trigger breaks in  B) Make sure I really like it before I drop the $ on upgrades.
View Quote

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=66147.0

Check out this thread and polish up some parts and also taking some tension off of the trigger bar really helps the stacking feeling in the trigger. This made a big difference. I also got the roller upgrade and the extended firing pin and associated springs. It's all smooth as butter now and easy to do yourself if you have the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top