Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 8:34:00 AM EDT
Last week I picked up a new CZ 75B Omega to use with one of my Form 1 cans.  Overall I like the gun but the double action trigger is horrible. I am aware of Cajun gun works but wanted to know if there are any other places that sell drop in parts to improve the trigger pull and reset length.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ custom also has parts
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, CZ custom. Hammer,trigger and springs.
??
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#3]
IIMHO.  If you can change out the parts yourself I would use a steel with the polishing wheel and Flitz to the parts and see how it comes out.   I bet that helps a lot
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:32:22 AM EDT
[#4]
In the Omega trigger, there is a long spring that runs down the right hand side of the frame. It's sole purpose is to hold the trigger bar up so that it contacts the FCG during the trigger pull.

It is really, really, really, badly over-sprung. You can bend it down a little to take some tension off of it, and it will lighten up the trigger pull substantially. 

The hammer spring is also really heavy, you could drop two pounds off of the spring and still bust primers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 4:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the Omega trigger, there is a long spring that runs down the right hand side of the frame. It's sole purpose is to hold the trigger bar up so that it contacts the FCG during the trigger pull.

It is really, really, really, badly over-sprung. You can bend it down a little to take some tension off of it, and it will lighten up the trigger pull substantially. 

The hammer spring is also really heavy, you could drop two pounds off of the spring and still bust primers.
View Quote

Is the double action Omega trigger in your opinion worse, better, or about the same out of the box as the standard 75B double action trigger?  I've noticed also the trigger on these CZ 75B Omegas seem to be more straight and less curved, looking more like the trigger on a P-07 in terms of shape.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is the double action Omega trigger in your opinion worse, better, or about the same out of the box as the standard 75B double action trigger?  I've noticed also the trigger on these CZ 75B Omegas seem to be more straight and less curved, looking more like the trigger on a P-07 in terms of shape.
View Quote
Out of the box? Omega is a bit better in terms of trigger pull weight and grit.

Here's the thing. The Omega system is radically simplified and the parts are easily interchangeable without fitting and are interlocking. Which is fantastic for a mass produced and mass distributed gun from an administrative perspective.

To an individual user, that means wider tolerance and less trigger mass (the weight and interaction of all the objects that the trigger moves effects the force required to move it).

The standard 75 system has a huge trigger bar and lots of points of contact within the FCG. Besides the firing pin block, which is an afterthought in the B model.

So, the Omega trigger can be lighter and shorter in travel, but not as smooth as the classic 75 (after break in).

Because the Omega has higher tolerances and less parts, the DA trigger is greatly affected by tolerance stacking and cheaper design. If you can remove some of the unnecessary tension and smooth the stamped trigger bar's contact points, plus a lighter hammer spring, the Omega DA comes around.

The flatter trigger is supposed to be better for trigger reach.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Cajun Works is the one you seek. Ask for David. 
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 3:27:52 AM EDT
[#8]
reduced trigger return spring (1.5lb down from 2lb)
Extended firing pin
Reduced firing pin spring
Reduced hammer spring (15lb down from 20)

This will get you roughly 3.9ish lbs pull SA

If you want really lite then a 13lb hammer spring
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top