Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2017 12:11:29 AM EDT
As some may have known, I'm currently in the market for a DA/SA Glock 19, after fondling several P-07s I think its a good choice and the pricing is very competitive.

With that said,  it looks like your most bang for your buck is one of the suppressor ready guns (as they come with night sights and a threaded barrel for not much (~20) more).

The concern is, they have "Suppressor Sights" on them and I was wondering if that is a fitment issue? Specifically I was wondering if anyone is using like a 6280 or 6360 with the high sights?

General Holster fitment commentary also welcome.

ETA:

Tried a search, but unfortunately searching P-07 Duty Holster just brings up a bunch of threads when CZ called it the P-07 Duty...
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same boat...

I am about the pull the trigger on a P-07 and I'm still debating between the Black/No night sights  vs the Grey w/ Suppressor Night sights.

I REALLY like the Grey. The threaded barrel is nice (but not a requirement for me). I like night sights, but just wish they weren't suppressor height (yes, I know why they are, just not needed for me).

But for $20 more than the Black version, you do get night sights, threaded barrel and the grey color. If I got the black one, I'd end up spending $100 +/- for night sights anyway.

As far as holster, most custom holster manufactures will accommodate for suppressor sights if you tell them when you order.  As far as Off The Shelf holsters, I guess it depends... Looking at my Safariland holsters, there seems to be a lot of room left between my front sights (standard sights) and the holster.  It looks like it would accommodate suppressor height sights... but not 100% sure.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got an UG model couple days ago. I too am looking for a holster. I have an Alien Gear 3.0 and shell for a Glock 19, I put on the larger green spacers and I can carry the UG in it, but its still a little tight and Im waiting to hear back from Alien Gear to see if they will be making any shells for this particular model. They have shells for the P-07 but I think its for the older gen. I really like this gun and maybe I'll end up having something custom made for it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have answers for you on those specific holsters but having bought an OWB and an IWB holster for my UG P07 I can tell you it's hit or miss.

First I purchased a cheap OWB off of eBay for it. I had to modify the holster using a piece of dowel rod taped to the top of the gun. I wrapped the rest of the holster in an old shirt to keep heat away from the areas I didn't want to modify. Once heated, I put the gun in with the dowel rod to make extra space for the sights.

Second, I purchased a cheap IWB holster from eBay seller stayholstered. He sells cheap $25 holsters. I didn't need to modify this one for the sights. I only had to make a modification for the threaded barrel to poke thru.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat...

I am about the pull the trigger on a P-07 and I'm still debating between the Black/No night sights  vs the Grey w/ Suppressor Night sights.

I REALLY like the Grey. The threaded barrel is nice (but not a requirement for me). I like night sights, but just wish they weren't suppressor height (yes, I know why they are, just not needed for me).

But for $20 more than the Black version, you do get night sights, threaded barrel and the grey color. If I got the black one, I'd end up spending $100 +/- for night sights anyway.

As far as holster, most custom holster manufactures will accommodate for suppressor sights if you tell them when you order.  As far as Off The Shelf holsters, I guess it depends... Looking at my Safariland holsters, there seems to be a lot of room left between my front sights (standard sights) and the holster.  It looks like it would accommodate suppressor height sights... but not 100% sure.
View Quote

My thought process exactly, I think I'm going to go ahead and FO and be a guinea pig.

I'm cautiously optimistic because I know guys running RMRs on Glocks and other stuff they have to use Suppressor Height sights as BUIS (policy) and they have to make no modifications (to 6280s) other than relieving for the RMR front sight slides right on in... needless to say that's for a different weapon but is cause of optimism IMO.

If I decide to go that way I'll post a new thread with pics in case anyone is in the same boat as me.

OTOH the Skorpion EVO and P-01 are tempting too.

Thanks everyone for their responses
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top