Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2017 4:52:57 PM EDT
I am looking for a new or clean used CZ Tactical Sport Orange 9mm.  What's the best place to buy one and what price should I shoot for?

Also how would this compare to a Brazos HP STI Edge as far as performance goes? I assume the CZ is similar performance at a much lower price?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Best way is to sign up to be notified when they are in stock thats how i got mine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Horrible price, but in stock!

http://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa/cz-75-tactical-sport-orange-9mm.html

It looks like Grab A Gun has the price (that I've seen)
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Which retailer?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I got mine from grab a gun
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am looking for a new or clean used CZ Tactical Sport Orange 9mm.  What's the best place to buy one and what price should I shoot for?

Also how would this compare to a Brazos HP STI Edge as far as performance goes? I assume the CZ is similar performance at a much lower price?
View Quote

I run a 9mm TSO in 3-Gun and a .40 for USPSA.

Personally, I think they're everything the STI's are at a lower price point and higher reliability.

Only mods I think you'd probably want?

Ditch the poly trigger for a CZ Custom aluminum blade
Huge magwell (will also need longer grips)
Big paddle safety
140mm Mag extensions.

Do it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a chance to shoot a Brazos HP Edge 9mm tonight and it was pretty impressive.  Not sure if it's 2K used impressive but man it shot really flat with almost no recoil.  For $1500ish I think I'd go for the TSO though if I could find one in stock.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm on my shops waiting list.  almost 2 months so far with no delivery date in sight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Personally, I think they're everything the STI's are at a lower price point and higher reliability.

Big paddle safety
140mm Mag extensions.

Do it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big paddle safety
140mm Mag extensions.

Do it.

Do you have these mods done to yours? Any pics? Thanks man.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Grabagun had a 9mm in stock yesterday.  They suck though.  I called to verify it was actually in stock and was put on hold for 20 mins+ and never got a chance to talk to anyone.  They are local to me so I drove 40+ mins to their 'store'.  When I got there hardly any guns were in stock and they told me they don't stock much in the store and the guns were in the warehouse.

I asked him if he could pull it and let me see the gun before I handed him 1600 bucks and they told me to go to a big box store for that so I walked out.  I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:47:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I gave $1700 OTD for mine.  Its friggin worth it!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
A local dealer has one for $1599.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A local dealer has one for $1599.
View Quote

Can you pm me the info?  Is it 9mm?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I picked mine up from here.    $1699 shipped

I emailed them off GB and they sent me that link and a free ship code of SHIP30.  

Worth Every Penny.   Been eying the mill thinking about shaving enough weight off it to shoot IDPA ESP division.  

Attachment Attached File

There is also one at Defender Outdoors in Fort Worth for $1785 +tax.    It was still there as of last night.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet shooters. I have a 40 but you will not be disappointed with a 9. Wish I could help with where to buy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice to see more of them out there.  Maybe CZ is ramping up production or at least catching up.  I was REALLY tempted holding a regular TS the other day but "am sticking to my guns" (Ha!) in waiting for my Orange to come in....

They look better every time I see a new pic posted here.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks like you already got yours, was that dealer easy to work with?  Looks like they still have 4 in stock on their site.  1700 shipped no tax isn't terrible I guess.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I picked mine up from here.    $1699 shipped

I emailed them off GB and they sent me that link and a free ship code of SHIP30.  

Worth Every Penny.   Been eying the mill thinking about shaving enough weight off it to shoot IDPA ESP division.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/43495/IMG-6267-152745.JPG

There is also one at Defender Outdoors in Fort Worth for $1785 +tax.    It was still there as of last night.
View Quote

I don't think this gun would ever be ESP legal? full dust cover
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

FLDC is out in the 2017 rules.  Kinda opens up ESP to some interesting guns.   I.E. if it makes weight you could run a Les Baer Monolith in ESP.  Or one of those full rail Springfield TRP's or RIA offerings.

The same could be said for CDP.  No longer a "get there though SSP rule since you can just get there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not an issue with the 2017 rulebook.... However, the TSO is still illegal for IDPA by virtually every single way a pistol can be illegal.  Too big, too heavy, won't fit in the box, etc.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these.  Would you rather have a TSO or a lightly used Brazos HP Edge 9mm for the same money?  For range shooting, maybe 3 gun/steel challenge, USPSA later?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pretty close to pulling the trigger on one of these.  Would you rather have a TSO or a lightly used Brazos HP Edge 9mm for the same money?  For range shooting, maybe 3 gun/steel challenge, USPSA later?
View Quote

CZ all day, every day.

While STI's offer a lot of performance, they are also not as reliable as the CZ's and require things like tuning mags to the gun.  Then again, I'm biased so take my advise with a grain of salt.

If you're looking at doing USPSA, go .40 because you'll find it's difficult to be competitive in Limited running minor PF.  I did it for awhile because my strategy was to shoot lots of Alphas and if everything broke my way I'd be in the top five.  The problem is if you have a crappy stage, or even a handful of crappy targets the Charlie's and Deltas will kill you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Not an issue with the 2017 rulebook.... However, the TSO is still illegal for IDPA by virtually every single way a pistol can be illegal.  Too big, too heavy, won't fit in the box, etc.
View Quote

Working on the weight issue,  I think chopping some of the BT off would get it to the length, Not sure on width though but I bet that can be handled with some love and a dremel!  

BTW with a magazine and dropping the thumb rest its about 3oz over weight.  Not sure if a try top treatment, trim dust cover, and some of the recoil spring channel would yield that much or not.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Ordered one from Kentucky Gun Co for $1600 shipped.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:21:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Working on the weight issue,  I think chopping some of the BT off would get it to the length, Not sure on width though but I bet that can be handled with some love and a dremel!  

BTW with a magazine and dropping the thumb rest its about 3oz over weight.  Not sure if a try top treatment, trim dust cover, and some of the recoil spring channel would yield that much or not.
View Quote

You'd be way better off modding out an SP01.  Hell, it'd probably be easier to chop a Shadow 2 when availible.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:30:10 PM EDT
[#25]
No reason to mod an SP-01   they already make weight!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:52:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No reason to mod an SP-01   they already make weight!
View Quote

I mean SAO conversion, flat blade trigger, magwell, etc.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Ordered one today from Deguns.net. I cant wait to get it, I have been waiting a long time for one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 1:37:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ordered one today from Deguns.net. I cant wait to get it, I have been waiting a long time for one.
View Quote

It's possible I held that gun the other day as when I asked about it in the store they had to bring it out from the back.  If it is that one, I can say you'll enjoy it bigly!
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It's possible I held that gun the other day as when I asked about it in the store they had to bring it out from the back.  If it is that one, I can say you'll enjoy it bigly!
View Quote

It probably was,  when I called yesterday they only had one in stock.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:00:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Reeds sportshop in NC has a call list.  I purchased one 3 weeks ago private sale.   They have called me twice in the last 2 weeks to see if I wanted one.  I was able to call them back and decline.

Reeds sporting good
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I've been looking for TSO in .40 for forever.  
Now I'm thinking about just getting a TS and sending it the CZCustom.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:42:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

They have one at Shooters of Jax in Jacksonville Fl. I have no idea if they ship.

This place
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I checked, they had a couple of TSO .40's at CZC.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Last time I checked, they had a couple of TSO .40's at CZC.
View Quote

Just checked, they aren't even list as backordered.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Call them.

To the original question, Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#36]
http://proarmament.com/index.html

Was there yesterday, the orange and the tactical sport were on display. I think $16xx and $13xx priced. Also have another Bren carbine on the wall (bought mine there earlier this winter).

I am not a race gun guy, but the features and triggers were mighty, mighty fine indeed....
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:41:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big paddle safety
140mm Mag extensions.

Do it.

@CosmosMpower - Sorry, just realized I never posted pics.  Bottom is the 9mm (stock) for 3-Gun, top is .40 for USPSA with mods:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:04:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Alright quick question, found
a tso .40 in stock for 1800.
But now I'm looking at a cts for 2400 from cz custom.  The cts isn't in stock so i have to put myself on their email notification list.

So should i pull the trigger on the orange or wait it out for the cts?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Alright quick question, found
a tso .40 in stock for 1800.
But now I'm looking at a cts for 2400 from cz custom.  The cts isn't in stock so i have to put myself on their email notification list.

So should i pull the trigger on the orange or wait it out for the cts?
View Quote

Do the TSO.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@CosmosMpower - Sorry, just realized I never posted pics.  Bottom is the 9mm (stock) for 3-Gun, top is .40 for USPSA with mods:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241349/IMG-1230-164568.JPG
View Quote

What mods did you feel were necessary? I have a metal trigger and wider safety in my bin just working up the nerve to fit them, visibly you added VZ grips and a wider mouthed mag well?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241349/IMG-1230-164568.JPG
View Quote

That flat trigger looks awesome.  I shot my new 9mm TSO today and was blown away.  I'm a decent shot, not great and was shooting literally 1 hole at 7 yards and 1/4" at 10 yards.  Also shot two 3 round groups at 1-1.5 inches at 25 yards off hand.  I "test drove" a brazos hp tuned 9mm STI Edge and was not getting anywhere close to this kind of accuracy.  A college kid in the lane next to me had a basic CZ75b and was drooling over the TSO.  I let him shoot the TSO and after wards he had a huge smile on his face and said "you just did a very mean thing there".  I guess he's going to be saving his pennies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What mods did you feel were necessary? I have a metal trigger and wider safety in my bin just working up the nerve to fit them, visibly you added VZ grips and a wider mouthed mag well?
View Quote

None were really "necessary" although the trigger is a definite step up.

The poly trigger feels a little squishy when you're really getting on it.  Also, when you have it adjusted just perfectly, I would have some swelling/contracting with the temperatures and it would affect function.  I could back off the adjustment screws to eliminate the issue, but still.  The aluminum trigger has no such issues.

The huge safety is faster to take off and provides some downward leverage to keep the muzzle flat and assist with recoil management. Now, I didn't (and won't) do the paddle safety to the 9mm because I use it in 3-Gun and the 9mm shoots so flat and soft anyways.  In 3-Gun there's a lot of stages where you have to hit the safety and dump the pistol.  The paddle safety makes it somewhat more difficult and slower to engage.  I'll still add the trigger, however.

The big funnel magwell is great.  Not only does it speed up reloads, but it blends better into the frame than stock.  Highly recommended.  Now.... You'll need grips because the stock orange aluminum grips are too short.  I got the full size "Thin Bogies" from LOK that give much better grip and are only 0.002" thicker.  Get the full length CZ-75 grips and trim to length.  I may or may not do that to my 3-Gun pistol because I typically shoot Open and run a 29 round mag so I very rarely need to change mags, anyways.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Did you install the trigger and magwell yourself?  
If so how hard is it?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That flat trigger looks awesome.  I shot my new 9mm TSO today and was blown away.  I'm a decent shot, not great and was shooting literally 1 hole at 7 yards and 1/4" at 10 yards.  Also shot two 3 round groups at 1-1.5 inches at 25 yards off hand.  I "test drove" a brazos hp tuned 9mm STI Edge and was not getting anywhere close to this kind of accuracy.  A college kid in the lane next to me had a basic CZ75b and was drooling over the TSO.  I let him shoot the TSO and after wards he had a huge smile on his face and said "you just did a very mean thing there".  I guess he's going to be saving his pennies.
View Quote

Yeah, thanks for that. I told myself I'd stop shooting other people's guns, but I wasn't strong enough.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Did you install the trigger and magwell yourself?  
If so how hard is it?
View Quote

If you have a set of punches, a gunsmithing hammer and can follow a Youtube video, it's easy.

CZ 75 Tactical Sport Disassembly
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Did the OP find one?

PM me if not.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If you have a set of punches, a gunsmithing hammer and can follow a Youtube video, it's easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaF0wgKO9sk
View Quote

Recovering from a minor heart attack after picking up the little springs from behind the sear group off the floor. I tried replacing my safety without removing the hammer spring so the hammer shot the sear pack out.

It's all back together after trying to fit the safety but it needs quite a bit of fitting so I put everything back together, better safe than sorry I have a match this weekend. I'm confident I can reassemble it now after putting all the detent and springs back together but I am not confident i'll be able to finely stone the safety engagement with the sear to the spot I want it so i'm going to wait till next week to work on it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#48]
What grips fit the tso? Looking to replace mine when it gets here
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Standard CZ-75 grips.  You'll need to trim slightly for an aftermarket big funnel magwell.  Trim a lot more for the stock, smaller magwell.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Standard CZ-75 grips.  You'll need to trim slightly for an aftermarket big funnel magwell.  Trim a lot more for the stock, smaller magwell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would these fit the stock tso without trimming?
https://czcustom.com/cz-parts-all/grips/cz-75-short-grips-aluminum-silver-for-mag-well.html
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top