Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2017 12:07:21 PM EDT
I know this is the handgun forum, but it's also the only CZ-specific forum. Mods, if this isn't alright please move to General Firearms in the Armory.

Anyone excited about the new offerings this year? I've got my eye on the 527s in .300 Blackout and 6.5 Grendel. Four or five years ago I had a 527 Carbine rebarreled to 6.5 Grendel and I love it. Still, I'm going to be tempted to pick up a factory offering as well someday. But the Blackout will take priority.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Shot Show 2017 CZ 527 300 Blackout 7.62 x 39mm Suppressor Ready
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Definitely on the want list.

Here's my current 527 Grendel:

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Sigh, it's like it'd kill someone in CZ to release a threaded left handed gun...

Link Posted: 1/21/2017 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sigh, it's like it'd kill someone in CZ to release a threaded left handed gun...

View Quote

Buy one and have it threaded. Easy Peasy.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then it gets down to caliber and barrel profile.

A 1:9 .223 isn't an ideal suppressor host and 204 is well... worse.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#6]
99% sure I'm going to order one in 300blackout.  I wish it had iron sights and wood stock.  

The mil sales Price is very nice, I inquired about delivery and was told they didn't know a firm arrival date.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're just being picky
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody know the twist rate of the 300 blackout 527?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Anybody know the twist rate of the 300 blackout 527?
View Quote

Interested to know this as well. Looks like it's not listed in the catalog or the website.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I just called, they don't know the twist rate.  Or at least customer service doesn't.  

They expect them to arrive sometime in the first quarter.  

I'm on the fence.  I want to order now, but what if it end up sucking?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just called, they don't know the twist rate.  Or at least customer service doesn't.  

They expect them to arrive sometime in the first quarter.  

I'm on the fence.  I want to order now, but what if it end up sucking?
View Quote

It's on their website now, 1:7in twist rate.

If you really want to wait and see a review first, I think I'll be getting one as soon as they're available.

First time I've been excited about anything new in a while.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Outstanding, will order mine Monday.  If it helps anybody, The mil price list has magazines at a much more reasonable price than retail...

I don't much like plastic stocks though, Anybody used the hs precision stock?  I've got a Remington 700 in one and like it.  

Will any 527 fit into any CZ wood stock?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine is ordered.  The mil/LE pricing is very nice.  No sales tax and only $15 shipping to boot!  They said "first quarter" availability so we'll see what that equates to.  

Anybody interested in a group buy of either CZ wood stocks or the HS precision stock?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:54:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that discount only for active duty I assume? Did you order direct from CZUSA?

Can't say for absolute certain with the new models, but in the past some stocks would fit others, depended on the barrel contour and bottom metal.

I wish I could remember more specifics now, 4-5 years ago I went through that. My 527 Grendel is based on a 527 Carbine in 7.62x39. But it's wearing a stock from a 527 Varmint Kevlar in .223. The bottom metal fit fine in that case, but I think some models it may be different. Obviously the wood stock from the Carbine didn't fit the Varmint Kevlar barreled action, the barrel channel wasn't deep enough and it would have looked odd anyway. I ended up selling the stock. Surprisingly I had an easier time selling the 7.62x39 take-off barrel than I did that stock.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#15]
"Active and retired first responders and military" is what they say.  Yes direct from CZ-USA to whatever FFL you provide them.  No sales tax( maybe they charge it inside Kansas?  I dunno).  

I can deal with making a barrel channel fit as long as the action and bottom metal fit correctly.  There is a nice looking wood stock on eBay I'm thinking about buying...
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:13:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Called their retail extension today, no answer but left a message. I'll try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#17]
No need to call, all can be done via email to  [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:45:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No need to call, all can be done via email to  [email protected]
View Quote

Gotcha, I misunderstood.

I'm not LE and no longer active duty. I don't qualify for that discount, and sounds like they don't sell to individuals otherwise. I talked to a salesman there today, he suggested a few semi local CZ dealers, but bottom line I'll just be going about this the usual way.

Side note though, the guy I talked with estimated sometime in April when he expects to see both Grendels and Blackouts. He actually said he plans on getting himself a Grendel. Said they have about 160 pre-orders for Blackouts so far; I forget what the number of Grendels was.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:26:56 AM EDT
[#19]
I was torn between the 7.62x39 and 300blk, but the factory subsonic ammo and fact that I already load 300blk won out.  I'm going to try out lightweight subsonic rounds that won't cycle an ar - should be 22lr quiet.  

They could corner the niche market for 357 bolt rifles if they made one.  I'll wait and see what mine looks like before whether to attempt to make one.  $19 per 50rd box of jacketed 38spl is cheap quiet shooting.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I still really want a 527 in .22 Hornet. Not very exciting on paper, but I think it would make sense for my hundred yard rifle range and typical uses.

Anyhow, the micro-Mauser action is just plain cool.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I still really want a 527 in .22 Hornet. Not very exciting on paper, but I think it would make sense for my hundred yard rifle range and typical uses.

Anyhow, the micro-Mauser action is just plain cool.
View Quote

I have a 527 in .22 Hornet. Actually almost immediately I had it rechambered to .22K Hornet. I haven't shot that rifle in many years, but with the right loads it shoots fantastic. Though I'm sometimes tempted to sell it to fund projects I might use more often, I just can't bring myself to do it. Some day I'll make more use of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top