Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2017 11:58:33 AM EDT
So I've been interested in picking up a compact CZ for a time now.  It will serve dual purposes:
1) Be my EDC
2) Be my lady's range toy, go-to HD gun

I already have a few CZ's so I already know about how awesome they are.  Trouble is, everything I own is a little too large for the fiance to comfortably handle.

I'm not opposed to a clone either.  So, please, walk we through the pros/cons of the following:

CZ 75 Compact
CZ 75 Compact D
CZ P-01
CZ PCR
Canik/Tristar C100
CZ P-07
Others?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I carry a P-01 for my EDC. The alloy frame feels as strong as steel without the weight. 14+1 or 16 round capacity depending on what mags I'm using. Only 2 ounces heavier than a glock 19. And the czech national police testing and NSN testing done on the pistol makes me comfortable in trusting it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:11:36 PM EDT
[#2]
My EDC is a P07.  I occasionally carry a P01 (road trips so my wife's CZ 75 Compact and the P01 can share magazines.)

The P07 is more accurate than my P01 but the P01 fits in my hand better (feels better).

Any are reliable, some will be more accurate and some will be a better fit/feel in your hand.

You need to think about holster availability also.  Probably more out there for the CZ 75 Compact/P01 than the P07.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I favor the CZ75 PCR, unless you need a rail.  Even lighter than the P01.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:20:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

You know you want the p01.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Nice gun!  I'm thinking along the lines of a P-01 (minus the threaded barrel as DE doesn't allow suppressors ) for HD with a TLR-1 but I think a non-railed gun would see more use as my daily carry.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I went with a P-01 w/ Pro Package direct from CGW.  Fantastic gun.  Also highly recommend some VZ grips for it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Love my P07
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You need to think about holster availability also.  Probably more out there for the CZ 75 Compact/P01 than the P07.
View Quote

This is a good point.  Specific P-07 holsters are harder to find than 75 Compact ones.  I did just buy a fairly nice P-07 belt slide holster off E-bay though.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#9]
My vote today is for P-01
Next week when I pick up my p10c I may change my vote
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I've carried a PCR for years now. I love it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've carried a PCR for years now. I love it.
View Quote
Same.

Personally for a carry gun, I avoid rails since I don't carry a light with it, so rails just equals weight.
So P-01 or P-07  wouldn't be my choice, but YMMV.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Personally for a carry gun, I avoid rails since I don't carry a light with it, so rails just equals weight.
View Quote

Mostly rails = hard to find holsters.   I agree that I have zero use for a rail on a carry gun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My EDC is a P07.  I occasionally carry a P01 (road trips so my wife's CZ 75 Compact and the P01 can share magazines.)

The P07 is more accurate than my P01 but the P01 fits in my hand better (feels better).

Any are reliable, some will be more accurate and some will be a better fit/feel in your hand.

View Quote

I strongly disagree with that based on owning two p01s,  a p02,  and two PCRs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Mostly rails = hard to find holsters.   I agree that I have zero use for a rail on a carry gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was of the same camp for many, many years. Then I happened into a P-01 (2) years ago that became my EDC pistol. There are many holster options for it (I have several great ones); but the best attribute about the P-01 is that little extra mass for the full length dust cover/rail is that it has less recoil than my brother's PCR. I've got thousands of rounds thru this P-01 and have shot his PCR 500 times at least, mostly back to back. He and I both agree that my P-01 is faster back on target and with less recoil. I love both pistols but the P-01 works for me better. I think my brother wishes he had the P-01 as well. YMMV...

ETA: I carry the P-01 sans a light as well...
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#15]
CZ75D PCR, bro. 

Perfect carry gun. 
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My vote today is for P-01
Next week when I pick up my p10c I may change my vote
View Quote

Pick up your P-10 yet?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#17]
CZ 75 Compact --  Steel Frame, heavy for what it is, range/HD fine, but for carry I'd want lighter.
CZ 75 Compact D -- Same thing, but with a decocker.
CZ P-01 -- Aluminum frame, has silly rail up front.  Decocker
CZ PCR  -- P-01 without the silly rail.
Canik/Tristar C100 -- no data
CZ P-07 -- Poly frame, changeable decocker/safety lever. Safety should be wider.  Expensive mags.
Others?  Sar6B  ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
CZ 75 Compact --  Steel Frame, heavy for what it is, range/HD fine, but for carry I'd want lighter.
CZ 75 Compact D -- Same thing, but with a decocker.
CZ P-01 -- Aluminum frame, has silly rail up front.  Decocker
CZ PCR  -- P-01 without the silly rail.
Canik/Tristar C100 -- no data
CZ P-07 -- Poly frame, changeable decocker/safety lever. Safety should be wider.  Expensive mags.
Others?  Sar6B  ?
View Quote

The CZ 75 Compact D has an aluminum frame.  Pretty much the same gun as the PCR.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So I've been interested in picking up a compact CZ for a time now.  It will serve duel purposes:
View Quote

I wouldn't go DA/SA if you're going to be dueling with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I wouldn't go DA/SA if you're going to be dueling with it.
View Quote

HA! I'm an engineer, not an English major.  Spelling/grammar was never my best...

Also, on the topic at hand, I've given some hard thought on this: I'm thinking of avoiding those with rails.  Additionally, the alloy frame sounds nice for long days...PCR would be the logical choice here.  Now if I could just find one.

On a separate but related note, has anyone experienced any excessive wear on the alloy frame rails of the PCR after shooting for a while?  More than the steel?  Negligible? Who cares?
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
CZ75D PCR, bro. 

Perfect carry gun. 
View Quote

This.  Even lighter than the P-01.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

HA! I'm an engineer, not an English major.  Spelling/grammar was never my best...

Also, on the topic at hand, I've given some hard thought on this: I'm thinking of avoiding those with rails.  Additionally, the alloy frame sounds nice for long days...PCR would be the logical choice here.  Now if I could just find one.

On a separate but related note, has anyone experienced any excessive wear on the alloy frame rails of the PCR after shooting for a while?  More than the steel?  Negligible? Who cares?
View Quote

Doesn't seem to be an issue in a alum. AR15 upper receiver with a BCG sliding back and forth for 1000's of rounds.  Don't see where this would be any different.

IMO, if you can afford the ammo to wear it out, you can afford a new pistol.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The CZ 75 Compact D has an aluminum frame.  Pretty much the same gun as the PCR.
View Quote

Fairly certain they have been made both ways.  CZ does sometimes make odd marking choices.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fairly certain they have been made both ways.  CZ does sometimes make odd marking choices.
View Quote

Maybe. The CZ 75 Compact D I have has the alum. frame.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I have 2 SP01 shadow customs by CZ Custom for production division.  One of my carry guns is a tristar C100 with Cajun Gunworks springs.  I really like the little gun.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#26]
What about the 2075 Rami?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What about the 2075 Rami?
View Quote

^^^ So much this. 14+1 (or 10+1) of 147gr Federal HST goodness in a package the size of the Sig P232. I've had mine about a year and absolutely fell in love with it.

VERY good accuracy with ammo it likes. Carries well with either sized magazine in place. My only regret is that I didn't wait to try and find the decocker model.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:17:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I edc the steel version of the P-01. I had a P-01, P-06 and PCR, didn't like how nose heavy they were with the light frame. This is heavier but much more manageable. The recoil is .22ish or so and carry weight isn't an issue with a steel or polymer lined carry belt with a IWB holster @ 3:30-4ish. T-shirt and shorts is fine also. A little polishing here/there, a 13lb hammer spring kit, new trigger r.spring, it's a dream!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#29]
The lighter hammer spring poses no problems with light strikes?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

HA! I'm an engineer, not an English major.  Spelling/grammar was never my best...\
View Quote

I apparently picked the wrong school.   It was policy in the engineering department that any papers with more than 2 spelling or grammatical errors in them would be returned for revision, and would be docked 10%.  If there were still more than 2 errors upon resubmission, they would be graded as an "F".

The logic behind this was solid, as miscommunication in aeronautical engineering can result in people dying.  

This was also an era when personal computers and word processors were in their infancy, so it was not as simple as running grammar and spell check.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I love my P-01.

But if you have no use for the rail, the PCR would be the way to go.
Personally, I like the flexibility.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Personally I'd go 75 Compact or PCR. The rail is just adds more bulk if you're not using it.

I prefer safeties over decockers, but that's personal preference. That might be the first thing you'd want to nail down though.

Also if the grip is too big for her hands, consider a set of flat grip panels. She might like the feel of the gun more with them over the factory grips that have a little swell to them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:15:40 AM EDT
[#33]
P07
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:58:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I haven't shot my p07 yet but I am liking it a lot so far. The p01 with aluminum frame is likely a superior gun in almost every way.

One huge con on the p07 is the prevalence of broken trigger return springs. The problem seems to be pretty common and has me thinking I shouldn't make it my HD or CCW gun. I currently carry an M&P9c or shield and have 100% faith in them. HD is a m2.0 with TRL-1.

One huge plus for us p07 owners is that the p10c mags work in the p07 and MSRP will be $35 according to CZ-USA.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

^^^ So much this. 14+1 (or 10+1) of 147gr Federal HST goodness in a package the size of the Sig P232. I've had mine about a year and absolutely fell in love with it.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247651/86083.JPG

VERY good accuracy with ammo it likes. Carries well with either sized magazine in place. My only regret is that I didn't wait to try and find the decocker model.
View Quote

Not having the decocker doesn't bother me on mine. I can carry it comfortably in shorts and a t shirt without printing, and personally shoot better with it than I do some full-sized 9s. 2075 FTW.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I apparently picked the wrong school.   It was policy in the engineering department that any papers with more than 2 spelling or grammatical errors in them would be returned for revision, and would be docked 10%.  If there were still more than 2 errors upon resubmission, they would be graded as an "F".

The logic behind this was solid, as miscommunication in aeronautical engineering can result in people dying.  

This was also an era when personal computers and word processors were in their infancy, so it was not as simple as running grammar and spell check.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HA! I'm an engineer, not an English major.  Spelling/grammar was never my best...\

I too am an aeronautical engineer.  Fortunately (or unfortunately in this case), I grew up with spell check to catch most of my grammatical errors.

I had a similar situation in which a professor would immediately give a 0% to any answer provided if the student forgot units, including answers which were unitless.

But back to the subject of this discussion:

For those who own and shoot both the RAMI and other CZ compacts, how do the size and handling compare?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top