Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:37:04 PM EDT
[#1]
TXPO:
How wide is the front sight on the night sight?  The read sight looks to have a narrow notch (and is tall). I really don't like anything too wide (over .125), but the rear notch looked pretty thin on the non-night sights too (and they looked a bit too tall).
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:when Trijicon makes HD's for the P10 (pleasepleaseplease)
View Quote

This.

I pre-ordered mine in the beginning of January through my LGS, but I might just hold off on purchasing until Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo Spartan/Hackathorns are available. When I contacted CZ about this, they said they have no control or influence whether or not an aftermarket company picks up their product line or not, and when I contacted Trijicon and Ameriglo, both sent generic responses basically saying that neither have any plans to develop products for CZ pistols at this time. That will, of course, change if these explode in popularity and CZ can keep up with demand. It's a big enough deal to me that if that never happens, I'll probably just stick with my Glocks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
TXPO:
How wide is the front sight on the night sight?  The read sight looks to have a narrow notch (and is tall). I really don't like anything too wide (over .125), but the rear notch looked pretty thin on the non-night sights too (and they looked a bit too tall).
View Quote

The front sight  is 122 width.  I am not sure on the rear width, but as I haven't measured it yet, but it look to be about 130 or so.  Not much daylight goes around the fronts.  I have no idea on the Suppressor height sights.  TXPO
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Have you done a complete disassembly yet?
I'm curious to see what that entails.
And has the trigger worn in after shooting it for a bit?
View Quote

I have not completely stripped it down since it is a T&E pistol.  I have eyeballed everything very good though, and the fire control system is very simplistic.  There really isn't anything to break other than the trigger return springs, but from what I can tell, even if both of them failed, the gun would still work.  The trigger pull would be much heavier, but the trigger should still reset.  The fire control system works just like a glock.  The striker is partially cocked and retained by the trigger bar/ cruciform.    When you pull the trigger, and take up the pre travel, it moves the striker to full cock.  Once it hits the wall, there is a ledge, that pushes the trigger bar/cruciform downward, which in turn releases the striker.  The reset is handled by the striker spring.      There is a bar that re sets the trigger bar once it moves past a certain point, but the spring that handles that is a coil spring, and is captured inside the bar.  Even if it failed, it would still allow the trigger bar to reset.  The fire control system was designed to function will all it parts working correctly, but also appears to have been designed to work in a default mode if springs start letting go.  In other words, if murphys law takes over, the pistol will still continue to fight as long as a the trigger bar, and striker stay together.  

The internals of this thing were definitely built for heavy duty.  There is nothing dainty about the internals of this pistol.  The slide release, trigger bar/cruciform, and locking block are huge.  That along with the added metal on the barrel lug and breech area, is what accounts for the 2 oz over the g19.  Personally, I don't mind, cause this thing looks like it was built at a tank factory.  

As for wear, there is nothing showing, a little of the oxide finish has work off the striker, and the edge of the trigger cruciform where it pushes down.  Those are areas that I would expect to see wear.  Everything else still looks new.  Not even any smilies on the barrel yet.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:50:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.

I pre-ordered mine in the beginning of January through my LGS, but I might just hold off on purchasing until Trijicon HDs or Ameriglo Spartan/Hackathorns are available. When I contacted CZ about this, they said they have no control or influence whether or not an aftermarket company picks up their product line or not, and when I contacted Trijicon and Ameriglo, both sent generic responses basically saying that neither have any plans to develop products for CZ pistols at this time. That will, of course, change if these explode in popularity and CZ can keep up with demand. It's a big enough deal to me that if that never happens, I'll probably just stick with my Glocks.
View Quote

I'm with ya on that, I really love my HD's or at least an equivalent. But honestly after shooting the P10, I could work with the stock night sights.  I can run it just as fast, and accurately as my glocks, and that is with very little trigger time on the p10 and my Glock have HD's.  SO, I'm willing to jump in a run the system as is, and hope for new sights in the future, it really is that good IMO.  

I suspect the P10 is going to be a big hit, and thusly, manufactures will catch on and come up with some sights for them.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 1:52:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the detailed description!
I wonder how much the trigger components would benefit from a little polishing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:03:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks for the detailed description!
I wonder how much the trigger components would benefit from a little polishing.
View Quote

Considering they have really smoothed out nicely from just shooting, I suspect a good polishing would very sweet trigger.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]
CZ rep by the name of Rich said today that "thousand and thousands" of P10s have been backordered, and whichever distributors/dealers placed their orders first will get their orders first. No comment on who/which companies did order first. Says they should ship in about ten days.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
CZ rep by the name of Rich said today that "thousand and thousands" of P10s have been backordered, and whichever distributors/dealers placed their orders first will get their orders first. No comment on who/which companies did order first. Says they should ship in about ten days.
View Quote

Soooooo for those of us who ordered directly from CZ from the LE/Mil program, i wonder if we'll get ours before dealers. Hmmm
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I took their "first come, first serve" very literally. If you ordered before a dealer, you'll be in front of them in line.... if they ordered first, their order will be shipped first. That's my interpretation and expectation, at least.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 3:38:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Too bad.  I already called dibs on the first one.  I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#12]
As long as I can get a OEM front night sight and black rear, I'm fine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I asked CZ about sights a few days ago and they replied with:

The P-10 sports a P-09/P-07 front sight cut, and a Shadow 2 rear sight cut. The P-10 and Shadow 2 are both so new, so there's not a lot out yet regarding aftermarket sight options so you can stay tuned as options arise. Otherwise, you could check out our various P-09/P-07 front sights on our webstore!
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Loaded weight?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:21:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone who's got one already mounted a RMR to it yet?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 2:47:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has anyone who's got one already mounted a RMR to it yet?
View Quote

I highly doubt it because everyone that has one right now is probably a T&E gun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm actually really considering putting a red dot on one of these. I was thinking about one of the Shield Sights micro red dots.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#18]
A MRDS is on my list of things to do... and the primary reason I ordered the suppressor ready model.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
A MRDS is on my list of things to do... and the primary reason I ordered the suppressor ready model.
View Quote

For the MRDS videos/pictures I've seen, standard height sights seem to cowitness just fine.

Doesn't it have issues with water?  I remember reading it wasn't water resistant at all.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Wonder if the slide will fit in my Glock sight tool. Not a fan of suppressor height sights. Hoping to get Trijicon HD or Ameriglo pro ops eventually for this gun.
I'm so used to aiming through my suppressors on handguns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:56:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I sure hope one of the big companies make night sights with a colored insert for this.
The first ones that do will probably sell a buttload.  Most of my other pistols are Glocks and I never realized how few sight options there were for CZ
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd like Ameriglo to make a set of CAP LE sights for the P10. Hopefully mixing the Shadow 2 rear and P07 front sight cuts wasn't a major mistake, but I currently see it as the biggest weakness the pistol has.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Sights are the #1 thing I hate about my P07 and its the #1 reason Ill wait on the P10.  Fingers crossed Trij comes out with some HD's for both.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Screw you CZ and your damn lead time.

bought this today as a CZ holdover until you release the P-10

First DA/SA in years, but going to run it SAO.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sights are the #1 thing I hate about my P07 and its the #1 reason Ill wait on the P10.  Fingers crossed Trij comes out with some HD's for both.
View Quote

That was, and is still my one concern about the CZ.  Truth be told though, after shooting it with just the standard three dot sights, I am as accurate and as fast as I am with my G19 with HD's on it.  Because of that I'm still getting mine, and just going with the standard night sights.  I prefer HD style sights, but I'm not going to hold out on the the platform just because of that, it is that good.

What I will likely do is black out the rears white outlines and run them like that until Trijicon, Ameriglo, or some other company produces a high vis front, or complete set.   I have no doubt it will happen, it's just a matter of when.  

This is the drawback to a totally new platform.  CZ hasn't had a mainstream, everyone wants one type pistol before.  The P10 brings them into that arena, and so aftermarket companies will see dollar signs if demand and ownership of them stays steady.  Think about when Glocks were brand new, and people who bought them had to deal with plastic sights for while until aftermarket caught up, I bet that was fun.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#26]
It seems like a REALLY odd marketing move to go with a front that fits one model of one gun, and a rear that fits another (mainly target) model.
Why not just go with CZ75 style cuts or P07/P09 cuts?!?  

Hell, why not go with GLOCK cuts since they've already made them holster compatible!?  Other guns use Glock sights. (NOTE:  I do prefer the CZ style front which slide on since Glock fronts can and do turn sometimes---especially if overtorqued during installation).

I can deal with the front (.122 is wider than my preferred .110-.115), but tons of tritiums are .120-.125; however, I'd really like a .150 rear.  I may see if Dawson will open up one of theirs for me at an extra cost.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:13:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://cajungunworks.com/product/40343-cz-p-07p-09-night-sights/
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:21:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Waiting on mine...
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://cajungunworks.com/product/40343-cz-p-07p-09-night-sights/

I have them installed already, they are NOT HD's....Hell, I even filled the outer white part of the front with florescent orange nail polish which made it slightly better but still not even close to the real thing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#30]
im also on a waiting list with couple of dealers for fde version
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#31]
CZ-USA just went public with this:

Yesterday we received word that our parent company, CZUB, has experienced further delays in the production of the P-10 C. Since SHOT Show, our ETA on the first shipment has been bumped back every few days. Discussions with the factory revealed that the realistic date for first delivery is in late April. We apologize for the delay, we truly expected to begin delivery in January.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I was going to order 1 though their LE program, but seeing how long it will be, I think I am just going to get a P-07 for now and order the P-10c later on this year.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Sadly they allow one per year on the mil/le program. I would've ordered a P01 in December if I knew.

Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#34]
What a bag o donkey dicks
Is CZ the new Caracal
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Meh, I've come to expect this with CZ releases over the years. This one looks to be no different. It will be hard to find for a while but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end...
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:31:44 AM EDT
[#36]
TXPO, do you have any experience with the P-07?  I am curious how the single action pull compares to the P-10 pull.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was going to order 1 though their LE program, but seeing how long it will be, I think I am just going to get a P-07 for now and order the P-10c later on this year.
View Quote

I pre-ordered a P10C in January via the LE/MIL program. They don't charge your card until it ships.....I decided to keep my pre-order despite the news. The way I see it, my card isn't charged until they ship it to my FFL, so I'm still guaranteed to get a pistol I'd eventually get anyway.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sadly they allow one per year on the mil/le program. I would've ordered a P01 in December if I knew.
View Quote

Although that is still on the form, Andrew told me that no longer applies.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:33:10 AM EDT
[#39]
I hope so! I didn't read the form when I ordered two of the P10C suppressor ready versions and six extra mags. I have twin suppressors, might as well have twin guns. :)
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Can't wait to pick up a black model to compare to my G19. If i like it I will eventually put an rmr or DPP on it. Between this and the Shadow 2, CZ is getting some money from me this year.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I have a test p10c and can say its internals are overbuilt as heck!  The trigger is about as good as a glock trigger with an aftermarket 4.5LB trigger.  

IT DOES NOT FIT Glock 19 SAFARILAND DUTY HOLSTERS with a TLR-1 installed. A heat gun and 2 minutes would give the very slight shape change it needs in the light area.

I will try to post pics later about this issue.

IT DOES FIT all my non light capable Glock holsters.

I can take comparison pictures for those that may have questions.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have a test p10c and can say its internals are overbuilt as heck!  The trigger is about as good as a glock trigger with an aftermarket 4.5LB trigger.  

IT DOES NOT FIT Glock 19 SAFARILAND DUTY HOLSTERS with a TLR-1 installed. A heat gun and 2 minutes would give the very slight shape change it needs in the light area.

I will try to post pics later about this issue.

IT DOES FIT all my non light capable Glock holsters.

I can take comparison pictures for those that may have questions.
View Quote

What about a Safariland GLS?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Well, I ended up buying a CZ P-07 UG last week.  My local gun shop just became a CZ LE dealer.

I'll get a P-10c but will probably just order 1 through CZ and wait.  I'm not in a huge hurry.

On a side note - my P-07 came with 2 of the new P-10c mags (the one's with orange followers).  A few other people on the CZ forum's mentioned they got just new P-07's and either got 1 or 2 of the new P-10c mags with theirs too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Which local gun shop?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What about a Safariland GLS?
View Quote

I have asked around, no one has an GLS for a 19 that I know.

You could send one to the department and I can let you know.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:50:56 PM EDT
[#46]
If no one sends it I can test my GLS when my P10C comes in. I think I will have issues since mine will have suppressor height sights.
I have no issues switching between my gen3 32, gen4 19 and HK VP9 with the GLS.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#47]
More time to save up the money for the gun and spare mags I guess...

Have 2 CZ's already, this will be number 3.  It's going to replace the G19 I sold...
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#48]
FYI- Red Hill Tactical now offers holsters for the P10C.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a GLS already that i use for my FNS9 which also works for the G19 so im assuming it could work for the P10C. I guess ill see when i get mine
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#50]
I ordered through their LEO program.  I noticed they have an all black 9mm model with standard sights (part # 91520).  A FDE 9mm model with tritium night sights (# 91521).  And an all black model with tritium suppressor height sights and threaded barrel (# 91523).

I asked them why they didn't have an all black model with standard barrel and normal tritium sights.  That's when I was told they DO have a package for LE that is all black, standard barrel, tritium sights, and 3 mags.  The part # for that is 91522.  They do not advertise this anywhere on their website.  Just figured I'd pass this along.  
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top