Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I am interested to see how well this really works (for obvious reasons I do not trust reviewers, particularly reviewers firing factory tuned weapons). But then it is CZ, so it will probably be fine.

Of greater concern is that they are adding yet another weapon line when they seemingly cannot begin to keep up with the existing demand for current models. Even the iconic CZ75 line is essentially unavailable. The only CZs I have found locally or for order are the P07s and 09s, and those are everywhere.  I am a bit concerned that CZ has lost the plot. They keep pushing full sized (now mostly plastic) pistols into a market dominated by compact carry weapons.

That said, I would love to see this pistol become wildly successful, provided CZ doesn't drop the ball on production.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike Pannone introducing the CZ P10-C

According to those that have shot Mike Pannone's copy after filming that video, the trigger is really good. About as good as the aftermarket trigger upgrade.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Of greater concern is that they are adding yet another weapon line when they seemingly cannot begin to keep up with the existing demand for current models. Even the iconic CZ75 line is essentially unavailable. The only CZs I have found locally or for order are the P07s and 09s, and those are everywhere.
View Quote

Same in my area.  Plenty of P-07s and P-09s (even the suppressor ready ones) but pretty much nothing else.
Also lots of Scorpions.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I did the Contact Us on CZ's website about the mil/le program and Dereck Miller responded with how to setup an account and the 2017 price list.
I broke down and ordered two of the suppressor ready version and ten mags. I will use one as my personal off duty weapon and the other I will leave at work for everyone to use and abuse over 2017 to see how it holds up. We're due to change guns in 2018 and admin is pushing me to switch back to 9mm and only issue one gun instead of the three we issue now (Glock 31/32/33 depending on job classification). But I don't know if I'm ready to give up 357SIG yet. I have six years before retirement so maybe in 2028 they can go to 9mm.  Unless CZ comes out with a 357 barrel for the 40 version...
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mike Pannone introducing the CZ P10-C

According to those that have shot Mike Pannone's copy after filming that video, the trigger is really good. About as good as the aftermarket trigger upgrade.
View Quote

I was wondering where Pannone was in regards to the P10.  Surprised he wasn't showing off the gun before the internet reviewers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I did email them about the LE/mil pricing and setup but all i got was a response about them being closed and will respond to emails after the 3rd
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 1:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there anywhere online to pre-order? I think they will be tough to get. I don't have super high expectations but for the price it's worth a try.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 3:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm really getting excited about this gun!
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#9]
CZ P10 C Round 2! How does it compare to the G19?
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#10]
If someone would measure from the top of the slide down to the bottom of the magazine on both the G19 and the P-10C I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for the vids, MAC
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#11]
So CZ has done what Glock won't do. Remake the Gen 2 Glocks with a light rail.

I do want to give the P-09 a try first. If these hold up, I will get one once the rest of you do.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if this is a hit, they will make different sizes. Id love a smaller version. I carry an FNS9C, something similar size would be cool
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#13]
That video is torture ...
I am really looking forward to getting to shoot one
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Why couldnt they give this the same rail as the P07?
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I want one I want one I want one!

Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Saw this yesterday and great review! So happy it fits the G19 holsters. I want one but will wait for the initial rush and hope the mags go down in price!

Thanks for the review and keep up good work!
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Contact CZ directly.  I'm including the contact of one of the guys who runs their Mil/Leo program in my post. Shoot him off an email and he'll get you set up once verified

His info:

Andrew Eager
Law Enforcement & Military Sales Manager
O: (913) 321-1811 x 362
F: (913) 321-2251
[email protected]
View Quote

Before I bother this guy, does anyone know if the discount is extended to retired military?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Before I bother this guy, does anyone know if the discount is extended to retired military?
View Quote

I was asked to provide a copy of one of the following. I suppose if you have the retired card, you would be approved for the program. Hope this helps.

1.       Copy of Department Badge or ID Card/Active, Guard, Reserve Military ID/Retired issued ID card (benefit card or family ID card is not eligible, must say retired)
2.       Employment verification letter on department letter head
3.       Email from your military or department email address
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I sent that guy an email last week and havnt heard anything back. Im assuming its bc of the holidays and they wont be back until the 3rd?
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah just wait till after the 3rd.
Holidays and I'm sure they're prepping for SHOT.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok I need this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#23]
[email protected], head of the LE division.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Do CZ pistols come with 2 or 3 magazines?
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#25]
All the pictures online show two magazines. That's why I ordered six extra.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:45:00 AM EDT
[#26]
CZ pistols generally come with two magazines. Hooping to get an FDE P-10C, not sure when.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Cool, thanks everyone. Pre-ordered it and will now call back and ensure I add extra mags.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Hopefully JM Custom will make holsters for this one. When I get a P10 I'll want to appendix carry it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Honestly I am not very excited about it.  I wish they had done just a bit more with it to make it different than other striker fired pistols.  Like the other CZ pistols where the slide rides inside the frame instead of outside would have been cool.
View Quote

This has been my thought as well. I fawn over my 75 frequently and plan to pick up a p07 in the near future. Regardless of being a more traditional slide design, I'm still pumped about it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:19:18 AM EDT
[#30]
It fits Glock 19 holsters so I assume he makes holsters for it already
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hopefully JM Custom will make holsters for this one. When I get a P10 I'll want to appendix carry it.
View Quote

It fits Glock 19 holsters. I assume they make holsters for the Glock 19!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 4:45:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I have a big surprise coming tomorrow evening..... Everyone get your questions ready..........  I'll post up here first.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#33]
It looks like the first black standard P10C's are officially here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-frLG4G-3YA
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:27:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It looks like the first black standard P10C's are officially here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-frLG4G-3YA
View Quote

I wonder if he would be interested in trading for the FDE production version I have arriving tomorrow.......

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 3:45:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey if you WANT a black frame, I'll swap your tan for my black. I have a suppressor ready coming one of these days, but I REALLY want a suppressor ready top with an FDE frame.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone local want to trade an FDE for black frame?

Maybe I'll send my frame out for ODG?  Or a gray?

I love HK gray.  Is it blasphemous to redo a CZ in HK colors?
Or SIG's Legion gray?

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#37]
As promised, hot of the truck.  I haven't really had a chance to play with it, but overall it is extremely comfortable.  The trigger is really, really good.   There is a slight amount of grit, but that has been reported by others as far as when they are new.  I would expect it to clean up nicely.  The pull weight feels more like 5 pounds, but it definitely isn't too light for carry.  Dry firing it the front sight does not move at all, there is zero over travel.   I am working tonight so I will have a bit for free time to play with it.  I also have some duty holsters here I will check, FYI it doesn't fit my Safariland ALS for my G19.  I suspected it wouldn't fit it, but I was hoping.  It does however fit in the standard Safariland 6004 duty holster for the 19.  I will post more later this evening.  If anyone has anything they want me to check let me know.

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#38]
TXPO, would you be so kind as to measure from the top of slide down to the lowest point on the magazine?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As promised, hot of the truck.  I haven't really had a chance to play with it, but overall it is extremely comfortable.  The trigger is really, really good.   There is a slight amount of grit, but that has been reported by others as far as when they are new.  I would expect it to clean up nicely.  The pull weight feels more like 5 pounds, but it definitely isn't too light for carry.  Dry firing it the front sight does not move at all, there is zero over travel.   I am working tonight so I will have a bit for free time to play with it.  I also have some duty holsters here I will check, FYI it doesn't fit my Safariland ALS for my G19.  I suspected it wouldn't fit it, but I was hoping.  It does however fit in the standard Safariland 6004 duty holster for the 19.  I will post more later this evening.  If anyone has anything they want me to check let me know.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/Mobile%20Uploads/CZ_zpsqtan3taw.jpg

TXPO
View Quote

Very nice! Can't wait for the range report.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
TXPO, would you be so kind as to measure from the top of slide down to the lowest point on the magazine?
View Quote

Here is the CZ and my G19 for comparison.  My 19 has Mgapul mags in it, but as you can see there isn't much difference in length especially at the front of the grip.  In actual measurements the P10 is slightly bigger that the 19, but in the hand, the p10 actually feels and appears smaller.  They are close enough in size, that you wouldn't notice the difference between them when carrying.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am working tonight so I will have a bit for free time to play with it.
TXPO
View Quote
I need a job where I can play with guns. 

Cool. Looking forward to the range report!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:52:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Now all we need is a source of those new magazines, preferably at the new lower price they promised.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok so a brief rundown, I really, really, like this thing.  I have handled a ton of striker pistols over the past several years, and this one has really blown me away.  It is virtually the same size as my 19, with the backstrap and slide being only slightly longer.  The back strap being longer is a good thing, IMO, it fills my palm perfectly.  That solves the gripe I have about the g19 grip and it being a tad to abbreviated for me.  I can shoot it just fine, but much prefer the extended grip.  

The slide being slightly longer isn't a big deal either, as the added length is in the rear of the P10, and sits over the web of the hand.  This no doubt attributes to the reported flat shooting characteristics of the P10.  Again the difference isn't much between the P10 and 19, and will be un noticeable when carrying.  

The overall feel of the P10 is something that you will have to try.  It is the most naturally feeling handgun I have held, it feels a bit like the VP9, or P30 grip.  The texturing on the front and back straps is aggressive, and some will likely find it a bit too much..  This is easily remedied with some fine sandpaper and lightly rubbing it over the texture.  I personally like it, and IMO it's nice to have something that is excessive for some, but can be fixed easily, rather than something with out enough grip.    The grip itself is quite thin, and it feels it, and that's a good thing.  I honestly can't see anyone not liking the way this gun feels.   When I present the pistol using a two handed grip with my eyes closed, the sights are on target every time.  

The internals on the P10 look seriously over engineered.  Everything you can see looks like it was built for a tank, not a handgun.  The trigger bar, and sear is one complete piece, much like the glock.  The trigger bars moves rearward, and it reaches a point where it hits a ledge and is pushed down releasing the striker.  Yes it function like a glock as the striker is only partially cocked when the slide cycles.  Pulling the trigger completes the firing cycle.  

The take up on the trigger is light, and just from dry firing has smooth out considerably since I first tried it.  They have achieved this light take up by using dual trigger return springs.   From what I can tell as Randy Lee of Apex stated, it appears the trigger weight can be lowered or raised by replacing those two springs.  Personally I find the trigger pull perfect.  It actually doesn't feel as light as the PPQ, but the break is much cleaner.  Again this pistol is new and hasn't been shot.  I suspect it will improve with shooting, although I like it as is.  There is no overtravel at all, and that lends itself to the front sight staying perfectly still when the striker releases.   The reset on this thing is ridiculous.  It is the shortest reset I have seen on a striker gun.  It is very glock like, very audible and tactile.  If you like Glock triggers, your going to love this trigger, hands down.  

The pistol feels very well put together.  Nothing rattles, no excessive play anywhere, fitment is very glock like.  There are no machine marks anywhere on the slide, inside or out.  The finish is very uniformed and dark black.  I'm going to try and go out and shoot it a bit tomorrow so I can comment on accuracy, function, and how it tracks with recoil. (I'll give a range report once I shoot it.)

At this point I can honestly say if the P10 is reliable, and as accurate as has been reported, this very well may replace my Glock.  I have for a long time jotted down ideas about what I would want in a striker pistol.  The P10 is very close to my ideal striker pistol.  I can honestly say I can't think of a single thing on here I would change.  The only complaint I HAD was the magazine release was a bit difficult, but has smoothed out nicely and is very easy to use now.  

Is the P10 a Glock killer?...it is not likely to kill glock anytime soon, but it could likely cut into glocks market place.  I know glock has a huge aftermarket, but there isn't anything the P10 needs other than maybe a set of night sights, and good duty holsters.  That being said, if CZ can keep up with demand, and can get these out to more LE departments, they may just give glock a reason to step up their R&D.  The P10 stands poised to at least take a bite out of the striker pie, and it may take a big piece.  CZ did exactly what I suspected they set out to do....built a better Glock.   There is no doubt after handling the P10 that CZ used the Glock as their starting point, and improved on it.  Several officers handled the P10 here today and everyone of them said it "feels like a Glock, but better" and "where can I get one of those triggers".  
Only time will tell how it will do long term, but CZ has a pretty good record overall and I see no reason why the P10 will fall short on anything.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I saw you mentioned in last paragraph that all the p10 needs is night sights does the fde not have night sights like it says on CZ-USA website?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I saw you mentioned in last paragraph that all the p10 needs is night sights does the fde not have night sights like it says on CZ-USA website?
View Quote

This is a T&E pistol and only has the luminescent sights.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Thank you, TXPO.  Much love brother.  Looking forward to your range report.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:20:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Maybe I should've requested a T&E.  I believe the suppressor ready version I ordered has suppressor height sights so I doubt it would fit in my duty holster.
I'll find out soon enough.  I don't think I'm ready to make the switch back to 9mm for work since it took me four years to get my department to switch from the .40 to 357SIG.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#48]
TexasPO--Thanks for the great initial report.  

I have two P-09s and a P-07 and have been extremely happy with the mechanical build and lock up of all three.  The P-09 is the standard for accuracy of all the pistols I have, and I'm a bullseye shooter.  If the new P-10 series is manufactured to the same tolerances as the P-09/07, it will be a shooter.  I will do much testing of the P-10c when I get one, and will shoot it in a local bullseye match if it is close to my P-07.  I put a red dot on a P-07 and had high score in our local match last year, and shot a P-09 all of 2014 season and had high score in many of those matches.  (I shoot a 97 now.)

I did have to ovalize the grips on the P-09/07 guns with Sugru and JB-Weld and increase the reach to the trigger to get my finger position and grip perfect for me and my long fingers.  If the new gun's grip is just a little fatter and more oval shaped, it will be absolutely perfect for me, much closer to a 75 or 97.  I can adapt to the striker trigger, although it will be impossible in my opinion to beat the trigger feel for bullseye of a CGW hammer in a P-09/07.  

In other words, no run and gun for me.  I am going to test the gun for accuracy against the P-07 from a rest out to 100 yards and use it in a competition that it certainly wouldn't normally be selected for.  Why?  Because I can, with good results, if the gun is as good as initially reported.  Another reason:  It drives my "only-1911's-for-bullseye" buddies nuts.

Glad you got yours.  

Joe
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:01:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff295/Texaspoff/Mobile%20Uploads/CZ_zpsqtan3taw.jpg

TXPO
View Quote

Tell more about the trigger. Sootch posted a video yesterday comparing its trigger to the PPQ and said the CZ is much better. But when he showed a close up of the CZ trigger pull it looked like it had a LOT of creep before the striker dropped. The take up seemed short and light. Then the wall. But it didn't seem like a crisp break from the wall, just very creepy and double actiony. Am I just seeing things?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:22:41 PM EDT
[#50]
OK ran 50 rounds through it today on the way to work.   Standard 115 Gr American Eagle stuff.  No malfunctions, typical for a CZ.  I did not clean or lubricate the pistol either, it was as it was from the factory.  Accuracy was excellent, everything in the 10 ring at 10 yards.   I was running about 1 round per second, didn't really run it, just wanted to get the feel for the trigger and the recoil.  

The trigger has cleaned up even more.  There is still a tad of grit, but you don't notice it at all while shooting.  The take up is light, no stacking at all.  It hits the wall,  give it a little pressure and the break is clean and crisp with zero over travel.  This lends itself to the shots going exactly where the front sight is.  Recoil is extremely soft, probably the softest shooting polymer gun I have handled.  It feels like shooting a steel framed 9mm.  The recoil impulse is straight back, the front sight barely raises up, then settles right back down.  It tracks like a tuned IPSC gun seriously, very smooth and pushes rather than jumps.  It truly is a point and shoot pistol, if you don't hit what your aiming at, its your fault.  The pistol is very forgiving in its grip as well.  Minor adjustments on a glock make huge differences downrange.  Not so with this, you have to make heavy deliberate inputs to change POI, and this is a good thing on a pistol.    The pistol is very easy to shoot well, overall I am very impressed.  

We have some training coming up in about a week, and I will run some drills with it.  The proof is in the pudding as they way, but I see no reason why the P10 should not perform exceptionally.

TXPO
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top