Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 3:27:20 AM EDT
I wanted a pistol caliber carbine forever and this one caught my attention for awhile. I just ordered five 30 round mags and have some questions.

1. I have a KAK Shockwave brace on an AR15 pistol and want one for this till I get an SBR stamp. Everywhere I see they are out of stock. Any leads where one is? What parts do I need to install one?

2. I have an Osprey .45 can in ATF prison. Do I just need a fixed barrel spacer?

3. Anything else I should know? I'm looking to make this my PDW gun in my EDC bag.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:48:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about the KAK but depending on which version of the gun you bought you may or may not need the thread adapter.  Mine is newer version so I needed to purchase the piston and spacer in order to run my Osprey, but did not need the adapter.

Haven't had mine too long, but it is a blast to shoot, easy to clean, and pretty accurate

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't check to see what version it was. I may stop by later to the store to check it out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#3]
In reference to the Kak brace do you mean the adapter tube through CZ is out of stock or are you talking about the blade itself?

This is what CZ has on their website for adding the blade, and other arm braces. Not sure if any aftermarket companies have made something similar.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19992_Scorpion-Evo-3-S1-Pistol-Arm-Brace-Kit
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In reference to the Kak brace do you mean the adapter tube through CZ is out of stock or are you talking about the blade itself?

This is what CZ has on their website for adding the blade, and other arm braces. Not sure if any aftermarket companies have made something similar.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/19992_Scorpion-Evo-3-S1-Pistol-Arm-Brace-Kit
View Quote

It looks like the blade itself is the same. I just wanted the tube and whatever adaptor needed to install on the gun. I really want a folding one but I can't find it. Looks like it is easy to do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#5]
3. Anything else I should know?

Yes, you bought a great gun with a horrendous trigger - it is fixable.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I love my scorpion, but the safety on the right side dug into my trigger finger and made shooting it a pita so I swapped it out for an aftermarket one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't like no name brands but has anyone tried this?

https://www.amazon.com/Scorpion-Arm-Brace-SBR-adapter/dp/B01DIBDBJY/ref=pd_sim_200_1?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01DIBDBJY&pd_rd_r=TQ6MNEA9XM6Z0320ZBJX&pd_rd_w=RIXc8&pd_rd_wg=cl6Ad&psc=1&refRID=TQ6MNEA9XM6Z0320ZBJX

I can't find anything like it in Stock.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Not sure about the KAK but depending on which version of the gun you bought you may or may not need the thread adapter.  Mine is newer version so I needed to purchase the piston and spacer in order to run my Osprey, but did not need the adapter.

Haven't had mine too long, but it is a blast to shoot, easy to clean, and pretty accurate

View Quote

Did you use the regular piston or the XL?
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure these Scorpions are actually "pistols".

More like SBR's-in-waiting.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I added a shockwave brace with a folding adapter to mine. Makes it a ton of fun.

I would also recommend looking into a Nightstrike angled fore grip for your pistol. Gives it a slightly P90 esque feel to the front end. Much more comfortable to hold and still legal for pistols. Personally I think it feels better than any AFG and most VFGs I have tried. I like the Viper personally.

http://www.nightstrikegrip.ca/index.php/product/product/8566140-nightstrike-viper-grip-angled-foregrip
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:02:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I added a shockwave brace with a folding adapter to mine. Makes it a ton of fun.

I would also recommend looking into a Nightstrike angled fore grip for your pistol. Gives it a slightly P90 esque feel to the front end. Much more comfortable to hold and still legal for pistols. Personally I think it feels better than any AFG and most VFGs I have tried. I like the Viper personally.

http://www.nightstrikegrip.ca/index.php/product/product/8566140-nightstrike-viper-grip-angled-foregrip
View Quote

Which folding adapter did you use? I have a Shockwave brace on order.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Some cheapo one I got from US Machinegun, cost about $30 and I'm 87% sure it's made by UTG.

It makes the gun nice and small but it's definitely not a quality component. I would recommend getting a better one. I was interested in the Hera Arms Adaptor but they are on the outs with me after their magazines turned out to be lousy and their dust cover shit the bed. I hear good things about the LAW Tactical folder, but I think that is serious overkill for a gun that doesn't have a buffer system. Sorry I am not much of a help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top