BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2016 12:46:49 AM EDT
What is the best CZ for CCW?
75 Compact?  75 P-01?
Is my new P-07 too big?
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#1]
PCR. Like a P01 without a rail, or like a compact with a decocker and aluminum frame.

P07 should work.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I do w/ p07 sometimes but pcr would probably be a bit more comfortable if weight boost doesn't bother you because of the lack of rail and less bulk.

Rami is also an option, the 10 shot subcompact.  P07 and pcr are compacts.  So the rami probably carries the easiest. I haven't shot one.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PCR. Like a P01 without a rail, or like a compact with a decocker and aluminum frame.

P07 should work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I like my P01
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:39:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry a P07.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I carry a P-01 in a Stealth Gear AIWB holster.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I carry a P07.
View Quote

+1

SHFT hybrid IWB

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 3:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]
My EDC is a P07.  No issues.

I've been trying to carry my P01 some (urban gray model) and it just doesn't "ride" right.  Irritates my the way it sits/rubs.  I think its that extended barrel/thread protector causing the pistol to "lean" in the holster (air marshal III).  I bought a holster from Cleveland Kydex for the P01 and can't seem to find it (too much stuff syndrome).

I'm contemplating a CZ 75 Compact project to put together a custom Compact for EDC.  Just need to get the pistol, some tools and some parts and get to work.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I used to carry a 75 Compact in a Comptac CTAC. Now I carry an HK P7. Have a friend who carries a PCR. Same friend had a RAMI he bought with the intent of CCW, but it wasn't very reliable.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I used to carry a 75 Compact in a Comptac CTAC. Now I carry an HK P7. Have a friend who carries a PCR. Same friend had a RAMI he bought with the intent of CCW, but it wasn't very reliable.
View Quote

That is an interesting direction to go.  PSP M8 or M13?  I could see this if you were moving from to a M13 maybe an M8.  

Disclaimer the P7 is my favorite pistol and I still want to buy a M13 but not for 5K.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is an interesting direction to go.  PSP M8 or M13?  I could see this if you were moving from to a M13 maybe an M8.  

Disclaimer the P7 is my favorite pistol and I still want to buy a M13 but not for 5K.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one I carry is just a straight P7, one of the police trade-ins that were floating around in high numbers for a while. I'm not sure but I think a PSP is different?

I have an M8 also though, just don't carry it. It's in excellent condition and the P7 I carry is very much a workhorse, mechanically it's great but the finish is far from pristine.

Naturally the mag capacity is a major downside, but I really like the profile and operation of the P7 as a carry gun. I feel like it doesn't get much safer.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I carry a P-01 but also wouldn't mind a PCR, particularly for IWB uses.

I would highly recommend the Cajun Gunworks Ultra Lite Kit.
Cuts the DA pull by about half and really tunes up the SA.  
It's a fairly easy self install.  Best $50 I could have spent on the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I've owned the P-01, PCR, P-07, and handled a Rami.

Rami didn't feel the lightest. Actually felt kinda blocky to me. Didn't get a chance to shoot it though.

CZ Compact. Comfortable to carry, nice single action out of the box, just gets heavy.

P-07 should fit the bill, as a carry gun, and there are parts from CGW for these pistols to take them to the next level. Probably t he most budget minded choice, if not the greatest, aesthetically speaking. (this is individual)

P-01 felt better in the hand/shot better for me than the P-07, but it did feel pretty much like a brick carrying it. And once you do spend the money to *Cajunize* it, and add sights, it becomes kind of a spendy brick, for what it is. OWB was the only way for me to comfortably carry it.

Everything about the PCR is a joy. That is all.

Oh, and for what its worth, I have carried a CZ 82/CZ 83 in 9x18 and 7.65 at times, and longer than any other CZ platform, and they are more comfortable for me than any of the above, especially AIWB. Wish I still had the 7.65 one.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I carry a P-01 but also wouldn't mind a PCR, particularly for IWB uses.

I would highly recommend the Cajun Gunworks Ultra Lite Kit.
Cuts the DA pull by about half and really tunes up the SA.  
It's a fairly easy self install.  Best $50 I could have spent on the pistol.
View Quote

Exactly. Spend the money on CGW parts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Oh, and for what its worth, I have carried a CZ 82/CZ 83 in 9x18 and 7.65 at times, and longer than any other CZ platform, and they are more comfortable for me than any of the above, especially AIWB. Wish I still had the 7.65 one.
View Quote

I used to carry a CZ83 as well, long ago. Agreed, very comfortable, small and trim, but doesn't feel uncomfortably small in the hand.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The one I carry is just a straight P7, one of the police trade-ins that were floating around in high numbers for a while. I'm not sure but I think a PSP is different?

I have an M8 also though, just don't carry it. It's in excellent condition and the P7 I carry is very much a workhorse, mechanically it's great but the finish is far from pristine.

Naturally the mag capacity is a major downside, but I really like the profile and operation of the P7 as a carry gun. I feel like it doesn't get much safer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carried my more worn PSP (Police Service Pistol) it has a mag release on the heel/butt of the grip that is probably what you have unless you have of the the super rare specimens out there.  The P7 does carry well little on the heavy side but the way it rides in the hand and shoots is amazing.  I carry is occasionally just for the nostalgia or to BBQ.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I love my P01 with all the CGW goodies as my EDC. Always thought the P07 would be about the same but a little lighter. One day I'll buy a rami but until then P01 all the way.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#18]
SP-01 in a Garrett silent Thunder Fusion.

Link Posted: 10/13/2016 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#19]
CZ P-02 (and P-01 if you like de-cocker) carry easy for me and fit my hand like CZ made the gun just for me.  Love the feel.

I carried a full size CZ75B for quite a while and found it carries as easy as a 5" 1911 or a HiPower.  I am carrying it today in fact.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I carry a P-09 OWB in a Kydex holster that holds the grip very close to the body. The P-09 conceals fine for me, but a P-07, P-01, 75 compact, or RAMI should conceal for just about anyone.

I use an OWB holster from Bullseye Holsters, and I know Bravo Concealment's OWB holsters work well in the same way.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 5:22:07 PM EDT
[#21]
PCR is a good choice if you can stand DA/SA instead of SA with a safety.
P-o1 Omega lets you swap out the decocker for a safety.  Has a stupid rail, but not that big a deal.

RAMI otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#22]
The 75 steel compact's weight is a non issue if a quality belt with a steel or polymer insert is used. The more the weight is spread the less noticeable it becomes. I did not like the recoil of the alloy framed guns. Completely changes the feel the weapon was meant to have IMO. I love the DA/SA with the safety and the options it gives. The downside is having or not confidence/training in de-cocking w/o a discharge.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:28:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What is the best CZ for CCW?
75 Compact?  75 P-01?
Is my new P-07 too big?
View Quote

I carry a CZ75B in .40 for CCW. Not too big!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top