Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2016 1:38:16 PM EDT
I bought a set of  Truglo TFX sights for my P-07 Duty... the rear was super easy to change, the factory FS came right out...the new one was a PITA! spent a lot of time with a small fine file ...final got it in and was a touch too easy.. no FS pin as on the CZ75 just the dove tail to hold it. so I used a drop of red loc-tite... Think I'm GTG after it sets up?  anyone else run into this issue? thanks

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No set screws?  If it was me I think I'd take a center punch and displace a little metal on the slide over the outside edges of the front side.

If it does come loose and you remove it, you can also take a center punch and make a bunch of little divots in the slide where it would contact the bottom of the front sight.  That would really tighten up the fit when you reinstall the front sight.  There's a name for that practice/procedure but I can't remember it at this moment.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
shot about a 100 rounds at the range today... the front sight stayed in place... I figured it would be a good test ...the red Loctite is holding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top