Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2016 3:52:08 PM EDT
When I get done firing my CZ I have to go to the restroom and wash the black crescents that are all over my head off.  It's either spitting brass right at my head or just hard right of that, and bouncing off the divider and back onto my head.  Have taken to buttoning up the top of my polo to avoid the hot brass dance.

Can anything be done to get it to throw brass on a different trajectory?  File it someplace?
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this a 75 or 75B?  How old is it?  Are you shooting indoors like in a shooting lane?

Two things come to mind; replace the extractor spring with a Wolff, and grip the gun more firmly. I have seen this happen with my own 75B with newer shooters that are not firm enough with holding the gun.  In a shooting lane, my CZ ejects with bravado, so it will bounce off the sides and hit me in the head at times too.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#2]
75B.  Lane, so it's probably bouncing off the side.  Next range session I'll see if giving it a firmer grip does anything.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#3]
If I shoot indoors then I have brass smack me all over the face because of the stupid lane walls. I avoid indoor/lane style shooting now. I try to shoot in an open area with a dirt backstop so I can practice drills and movement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top