Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 10:47:23 PM EDT
Unlike a CZ75B, I can manually decock a chambered C100 and put the safety ON. The safety prevents the trigger from moving.

However, I have heard that the safety doesn't physically prevent the firing pin from moving on this handgun? Would it then be unsafe to carry in this manner?
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't have one but after doing a little reading the C100 has a firing pin safety block just like the 75B. So, yes, it's safe to carry this way.

The way the FP block works. The FP is locked by the block with the trigger fully reset. As the trigger is pulled, the block releases the FP once the trigger is pulled almost fully to the rear just before the sear releases the hammer.

I don't use the safety at all. My first shot is always DA and I de-cock before I re-holster. because the FP is locked, the safety does nothing but add a step out of the holster if your firing the first shot DA. If your carrying hammer cocked, use the safety.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top